turbo cat vs sani 887

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I have been using the mikey approved sanitaire 887, its a great vac however it does have some draw backs, the cloth bags get old stink and let out dust, the belts need constant replacing. I was wonder how close a turbo cat comes in vac ability. also what about the possibility of taking a central vac, vac head and modding it to work with a truckmount vac hose.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Turbo cats are good for some applications, Steve.
Most notability, when you need to exhaust the vac outside thru the TM.

They won't hold up to everyday use though.
a TM will kill them before too long, even at an idle.
We've burnt up two.

second, with the price of gas, it's a terrible wa$te to use a TM as a vacuum.

..L.T.A.

John Watson

The Turbo cat is a true work of art. Bought one a few years back and it still looks new, Cause the piece of shit never get used cause it broke the first week we had it, even running on low speed. Sent it back to who we bought it from, they said they tried it and nothing was wrong with it and sent the flippen thing back to me. still screwed up. They tried it on dgd carpets. It screws up on cut pile. (They didn't have any of that to try it on. Like I was making it up I guess)

Took it apart my own damned self, One with eyes can plainly see the plastic part which holds the bearing is screwed up and the bearing twists and binds when used on cut pile carpets.

Gary Heacock sells a sweedish made one that is also an air turbin and it works great. We carry it for a spare.

Two weeks ago the upper motor on my Lindhaus vac quit so till I get it fixed or replaced I ordered a Sanitaire with a dust cup, This is a real beauty, I swear it pushes more than it sucks, It is so fricken loud it gives both Helen and I headaches at the same time..It is awkward to carry in with out a carrying handle, the cord won't stay wrapped up. A true masterpiece..so if it is anything like the 887 save your money buy a Hokey or even a flippen Oreckpos. At least you then know what you are buying in advance.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Steve I brought in a couple of the Mytee Vac's. Come down and take one out for a couple weeks and let me know how it works. I really need someone to use and abuse one before I go buying more then 2 of them.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
The Turbocat 210 (Hesco - #HP-695BK) hooked up to a truckmount will work very well, but there are drawbacks.

#1 It's almost too light. Glue some weight over the brush and get better results.

#2 The thing has to be used with a vacuum relief as it was meant for use with a built in home vacuum system. If the upper bushing gets too hot it melts the plastic case. This is less of a problem with the 210, much more of a problem with the new "Zoom" model.

The Miele works reasonably well, but doesn't get under low furniture as well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom