Turbocat??

N

NJ104

I went to the jon don customer appreciation event and while there bought a brand new Hepa pro-team super coach backpack vac (by the way is it me or are they way cheaper now then 12 years ago any way). I was also about to buy a upright when I came across a turbocat and figure while spend an additional 200-300 dollars when I can just attach this head unit to my backpack well I have not used it yet and I was wondering you Guys and Gal's could give me you honest opinion on the this turbo cat

Name
Nate W.
I would not use it on a TM that's for sure. It does a good job with a portable. But I'd rather have a regular upright vacuum then dragging a 1.5"-2" hose through the house. I don't know how good of suction your backpack really puts out. It probably would work but not the greatest...

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
A truckmount with out significant vac release will spin it too fast and burn the bearings. Works pretty good with the back pack vacuum. It provides the agitation that the standard back pack tools don't It is also something that does not look like it came from Wal-Mart or out of your customer's hall closet. They know you are providing a service they don't get by running their own vacuum.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I have a turbocat. You can have it. Pm me and we can work out the details. It hasn't been used in years.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Tools like this need a simple modification to work well. Obviously any decent vacuum source will easily over rev its turbine, yet you need the vacuum for debris removal.

The redesign would route only a small part of the airflow thru the turbine, and this with an adjustable waste gate to protect it from overspeeding. The bulk of the airflow, and thus the bulk of the debris would bypass the fragile turbine.

If a tool like this were built with a nice fit and finish it would sell like crazy.

Do I have to do it myself?

Mike Draper

there is a brand new never used turbo cat for sale in the garage sale room for $85. See " brand new rotovac 360" thread.

dan mabes

We use the TurboCat attached to our Truckmount. We have a hole in the steel tubing that helps reduce the airflow. The bearings do bind/wear out. Typically we go through 2 or 3 on each truck each year, but I still think it's worth it for several reasons.

First we use it as a selling point, explaining to our customer that it is far more powerful than a regular vacuum and also that all the "stale" air gets vented outside, so it's like having a central vacuum system outside their home. Al of our customers really like this feature

I also think it's less expensive than maintaining a regular vacuum cleaner and no worry about replacing bags. Regular vacuum cleaners always seemed to breakdown at the worst possible time. Should the TurboCat stop working on a job, we also carry one new extra one on each truck still in the box, so it takes up little space.

And, many times we are doing homes without electricity (move in, move outs) so we can still vacuum.

Dan M

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I'm with Mabes.

Take up little room, don't rust, no odor of last customer's cat, better allergen removal than any HEPA filtration, throwaway pricing. Use the vac relief, put a little weight over the brush and they work great.

Hesco - TP210 - $65

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom