Turn is almost over!

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Turn is almost over! Thank god! Im turning 3 properties this year. And cleaning every single room! Im so tired! Anyone else do college turns? Carpet and actual cleaning?

Mike Draper

WE do a lot of it. I just got home at 10:30 this eve. Stated at 8:30 this morning. It will be like this for 2.5 more weeks. Thursday and friday I have 31 large six bedroom apartments to clean. 22 of them with the HOSS. WE only clean the carpet though..thank God.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I have been working from 7 am to 2 am. I only grab the rotovac or hoss rarely. I have 445 front doors. 1,190 bedrooms and 445 commons aka living rooms. I usually do more but.. I have a few problem properties this year, that were take overs. Glad to know im not the only one in hell right now lol.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
And I wasnt able to put my pink mustache on my car and drive for lyft this weekend either lol. College private student housing. Most have 4 bedrooms with their own bath and they all share the common area kitchens amd such. And lease by the bedroom 500 a month each bed on average here's one. But all my units have carpet
http://www.bellamylouisville.com/Apartments/module/mobile_property_info/property[id]/76991/is_short_info/1

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
I have no idea what you're talking about.

Student Housing Turns Mike

They kick everyone out, repaint, repair and clean all the units of a property within 1-2 weeks

Hell Week!

Looks like a swarm of bees usually. Not something a 1 trucker should really be messing with unless they are assisiting.
High speed Low Drag Stuff : )

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
My daughter just moved into theirs, $550.00 each. What a scam!

Worse, they will hold back $150.00 if they don't clean the carpet when they leave. BUT they only pay they carpet cleaner less than half of that to clean it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
We have 1 more left next week, my favorite type of job actually.

Don't have to think... go,go,go. $$$$

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We do a lot of work related to school starting but few actual apartments. I think they spent two days on student housing and we were done with them.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
We have 40 rooms left for Monday and our first "turn" will be in the books. We are already getting offers to pick up 2 more properties next year but as it stands this was plenty for us unless I expand a great deal. I will also be going up $5 a room next year. It has been a fun experience. Lost a tech day before turn started so it was just my son and I and it kicked our ass the first day. Hired a friend of my son's and he stayed one unit ahead of us organizing furniture and doing paint spots. By day 3 we were averaging a room every 8.5 minutes but it was still a little overselling until we crossed the peak and headed down. Did not help that we were doing restaurants at night as well. Blew will be finished 54 days ahead of schedule so not bad

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Good job billy. I hate that we have 1.5 weeks to get so many done. Crazy crazy. Im so tired. 3 properties was alot. Next year ill do 4. I can do it lol

Tony Neville

Name
Tony Neville
We do turns, it just ended, yesterday was move in day. Twenty guys, six trucks and a lot of Gatorade! From the 28th of July til fri the 15th we averaged 70-80 apts a day. On top of residential and commercial work. I would not want to do the general cleaning either carpet is enough for me.

Tony

Tony Neville

Name
Tony Neville
We have About a dozen complexes and half a doz property management companies. Two of the complexes are the mega student villages. And I want to sleep until Christmas! No really we had a very good crew this year. Going to aim for four more people next year.

We had a van go down at the start of all this, it was the coil packs, thanks to John Olsen and his crew for pointing us in the right direction!

Tony

Reactions: Mark Saiger

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I had one hose bust black death I was scared shitless. I run 2 crew on each van. Prespraing and vacumming ahead. But the cleaners are suppose to vac for us. But, u know how that goes

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Tony Neville

Name
Tony Neville
Yeah hose breaks are no good. My brother and I each have extra hoses, wands and sprayers in our vans on top of extra chems. We run ahead of the crews to make sure the cleaners are out of the way and doors are unlocked.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom