TV commercials

Mikey P

Administrator
Any luck?

What worked and what didn't?

Since Auto dealers have called it quits the local ABC channel is offering real deals.

45 spots for a $1000.

We're thinking its a great way to get the word out about the new Rug Plant in town.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I have no personal experience, but my Father in Law uses cable TV to advertise his business and he swears by it. He floods the cheap, upper channels with his corney ads.

Name
I'm Rick James
I think you cant go wrong with TV if you get to your target market. To be honest the Stanley Steemer commercials are some of the best I have seen. There are certain messages in a commercial that clients use to help choose a cleaner consciously and subconsciously.

Just think what are some of the things the target market (women) want in a cleaner. Someone they can trust/feel safe with, reliable, uniformed, quality work and that has a good guarantee ect. That is why SS says they background and drug test their employees, offer great guarantees in their commercial. Their commercials make the customer overcome some of their fears in choosing a cleaner. So it makes the customer decision easier.

Lets be honest SS probley spend millions with a research department to come up with that conclusion. Despite many consider SS to be the devil, there is something to learn there.

I have seen alot of corny commercial for carpet cleaning. So be sure to have a good message. I would do the commercial and at the end with a voice over say "now open our state of the art in plant rug cleaning facility". Maybe with a slide show of said plant to go with the voice over.

Able 1

Name
Keith
45 spots for 1,000 is a great deal as long as it's not on at 2am after the shamm wow commercial...

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We ran commercials in Topeka & Lawrence markets with much different results. We spent $2,000.00 month in each and in Topeka no one saw them. In Lawrence everyone dan saw mentioned them. The difference is Topeka has 3-stations and Lawrence has only one.

I think it's worth the try at $1,000.00 if your market is small. If it as big or bigger than Topeka, you'll need to spend more to be seen.

I wouldn't sign up for a year unless you can quit with out penalty.

I would use cable and pick the stations that are most watched by women. That will give you your biggest bang for your buck.

Try 3-months and evaluate from there.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
At first I thought you were nutz. But when you mentioned the rug cleaning, it makes sense. Wait a minute, cancel that. Mail your customer base about it instead....best referrals out there. Reward them for telling folks...

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I'm about 26% tv for 2008, second only to radio. TV is a great medium, but like anything must be done properly. the number of spots for X $ is not how to evaluate, but rather the Cost Per Point (CPP), or my preferred method of Cost Per Thousand (CPM) or the target market that will be exposed to th spots.

If you want to send me their proposal to you I'd be happy to look at it Mike. Make sure they put it into a ranker format, showing cpm for women 35-54 viewing, unless yor target is diff than mine.

Ken

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
we have done one and it did really well for us....then it died out.....but we are still getting repeats and referrals from it...

it was targeted in a small community that has there own separate channels...but when we did the shoot we did 4 different ones and they were edited so we could use it in other places if we wanted to not just that target area....

The very first job we got off of it was a complete home all tile carpet and UPH ..it paid for the entire shoot and editing..he has been a repeat client and has given me 3 referrals ...so we cant complain...

all in all.....in a 6 month period the first 2 months were slow off of it......which was expected.... months 3 and 4 went well it paid for itself and we picked up some good clients...months 5 and 6 died off ..we got a few here and there....after that we just stopped running it.....

total cost for all of this was about $600..that included 4 shoots and editing and paying the person that helped up put it together...then it was $140 something a month to run it...might of been cheaper but we wanted a good time slot...

Plus I am sitting on 4 takes that are set and read to use anytime I want to throw it back out there and/or target another area...BTW.these are only 30 second commercials...but trying to fill that 30 seconds is harder then you think

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Holy cow Jim, total cost $600 and 6 months of spots????????

In Det, it's close to 10 times that just to film a nice :30, :15 & :10 spot and more than 2 times that to run a few spots every day.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I think the difference here is that it was this local communities own stations...it was not the big cable service that supports Tucson and the communities that surround us...I am sure it would cost more if we put it on the larger cable service....

rhyde

Name
rhyde
How much is it going to cost to put a decent video together?

The price sounds too good to pass up but I’d start with mailers to your existing clients

G

I do 65 a month on the local cable network, I'm going to drop my Clipper Magizne ad to do nothing but TV ads, I learned this from my local Stanley Steemer thats all they do!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom