Typical upscale home in my area, or why I'll never buy a truckmount

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Peter from your posts you seem to be a competent cleaner and very knowledgeable on hardwood floors. What has surprised me most is your rates seem to be awfully low. I would think for the area you work you would be higher if anything.

Yes as talented as you are you should be making upwards of 100K. I think you sound burned out and I think it happens in this business, especially when you wear all the hats. It can wear on you and I think your best bet is some recover time.

What about getting a full time day job and just doing commercial work in the evenings and weekends? It would give a steady income and yet allow you to still do commercial work which you enjoy most.

Buck1955

Name
John
Peter,

No advice is going to help you, it has to come from inside you. Dale Carnegie said "If you act enthusiastic, you will be enthusiastic" Start acting positive, and you will get positive. Stay busy and for your health eat better and start working out even if it's just a walk. Trust me...a heart attack wont help anything.

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker
Are there carpet stores in your area? Go in and see how they are doing. If there are successful carpet stores there must be carpet around.

Are there successful carpet cleaning companies? Maybe follow around in car and see how busy they are. What they are doing. How do vans look.

Two to three years in is a tough time for many. Keep doing something else to keep money flow coming. Janitorial etc. work for another cleaner next town over?

You could very well be right about your area but check above first.

Guys on the board-Where was Dan Pauselus(sp) working out of before his business went under? Was it near the same area? Some ares are just tough.

Are there carpet stores in your area? Go in and see how they are doing. If there are successful carpet stores there must be carpet around.

Are there successful carpet cleaning companies? Maybe follow around in car and see how busy they are. What they are doing. How do vans look.

Two to three years in is a tough time for many. Keep doing something else to keep money flow coming. Janitorial etc. work for another cleaner next town over?

You could very well be right about your area but check above first.

Guys on the board-Where was Dan Pauselus(sp) working out of before his business went under? Was it near the same area? Some ares are just tough.
The only non-big box carpet store is an Abbey carpet in my town. They have two 16' box trucks on the road all the time. They are killing me as it is.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
OHH WAIT...we forgot to tell you the secret....

your wife has ta have a good job for at least five years whilst you start..........

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Pete, is this your normal attitude, or are you just in a temporary funk/depression?

reason i ask, if this is your attitude in general, you need to hang it up and get a real job....cause you ain't gonna make it
I'm not saying that to be mean or hurtful, I promise..it's just a fact

..L.T.A.

Pete, is this your normal attitude, or are you just in a temporary funk/depression?

reason i ask, if this is your attitude in general, you need to hang it up and get a real job....cause you ain't gonna make it
I'm not saying that to be mean or hurtful, I promise..it's just a fact

..L.T.A.
Up yours. I'm not trying to be hurtful, that's just a fact, you are a cock sucking loser.

Reactions: Art Kelley

Able 1

Name
Keith
Well, Meat is one of the most helpful guys here... Seems we figured out why you will never make it! Tip for new guys even when life has thrown you a curve ball, KEEP POSITIVE, and your custy's don't need to hear about your life struggles..

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
The Lord says I gotta be a "kinder gentler" meAtball

so lemmie try it this Way

Pete, your growth at 2.5 years should be high just from referrals alone.

I'll share a secret.....2/3 of the battle of making it in the service biz is making peeps love you.
If they LIKE and trust you, your work can be mediocre and you'll still thrive, believe it or not.

To do $30K the first year, and $25K the second suggests a real problem(s).

you need to determine where those problems are if you hope to "make it"
What I know from personal experience of 24 years of ups and downs in this biz, is to look in the mirror ...cause 92.38% of the time, that's where the majority of the problems can be found

..L.T.A.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Ruff Hewn said:
I'll share a secret.....2/3 of the battle of making it in the service biz is making peeps love you.
If they LIKE and trust you, your work can be mediocre and you'll still thrive, believe it or not.

..L.T.A.

Yeah I'm living proof of that, especially when it comes to mediocre work lol!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Up yours. I'm not trying to be hurtful, that's just a fact, you are a cock sucking loser.
Tourette's? Or are you related to Ladwig? :winky:

geeze...suck just one d*ck and you're known as a cork sucker all your life ......:icon_redface:
:clap:

"Not that there's anything wrong with it"

Last edited by a moderator:

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
you are a cock sucking loser.
Peter...on second thought.....
YOU are NOT Rubber Room Material.....
Please refrain from posting again you little dumbass Retalic wannabe!

it's clear to all of us WTF your problem is!

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Peter, I've been around this business full time since 1977. I've seen a lot of cleaners come and go over the years, and I've learned a few things in that time about good advice and bad advice, as well as good hearted cleaners versus those who aren't very well intentioned.

Larry "Rough Hewn" and many of the other posters are giving advice based on years and years of fighting battles much like the ones you are fighting Peter. I've known him for decades, not years, and some of these other guys for several years at least.

The value in what they are sharing here is powerful, if not always easy to take because of how its said.

My own nickname for Larry is "Uncle Larry" because he talks to me and others with that kind of "tough love".

I'd reconsider what you said to him (which he took in very good humor, by the way), and realize that you are getting a lot of free and valuable information here that would cost thousands of dollars ..tens of thousands...to get from a consultant or a franchise.

A bit of my own advice:

Most (not all) consultants learn to find out very early on what you want to hear, and will tell you enough of that so that you will keep paying them their fee. These guys aren't making a penny on what they are saying here, and are doing it out of genuine (if not always tactful) concern for you and your well being.

I wish you the best. If you can use 10% of some of the advice I've read here, you'll find your road ahead a little less rocky than its been.

Last edited:

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
Up yours. I'm not trying to be hurtful, that's just a fact, you are a cock sucking loser........wow, it's a wonder your business is struggling at all. With communication skills far superior to the average cleaner one would think this would translate into job after job after job.....Just bizarre why it's not working out for you???? LMAO

F

FB7777

My best friend and best man at my wedding happens to be a homosexual.

He's also one heck of a martial artist, he started as a kid to defend himself

I bet with little to no effort he could fold your fat ass and make you suck your own cock Hewell, you piece of shit

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom