U.S. Products portables and wands, good stuff?

Steamy Wonder

US Products, any opinion? I've been using the Cobra portable and Evolution wand for a year and a half now, and have had to make lots of modifications. Lots of design-flaws, I think. This stuff was pricey and looked great, but is it worth the $$?

Able 1

Name
Keith
I would go with one of those Mytee porty's if it was me. They stand behind their products like you wouldn't believe... Always listening to there custy's and making right by them. I haven't bought from them but the things I heard here have been very impressive!

I think there was I thread not too long ago that somebody was having a prob. with there U.S. Products porty.(try the search botton)

G

All above are correct; definently!! Man; what you paid for the cobra ya probably could've got a Recoil XPS.

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
I have the Cobra and Solus 500....steer away from US-P

Def Keep the EVO Wand though...

Wand is good... as long as you change the jets to 3's but the units...circuit board is a joke...too fragile of unit, breathe on it something breaks. Its shame cuz they have some good ideas but durability is an issue.

Mytee or Greenie M series is the way to go.

Steamy Wonder

Sure, Greenie!
The Cobra portable has a solution-tank of about 9gal, while the usable recovery-side was only 3 due to its low design and big hangin' float-cage. I ended up removing that and making a new vac-inlet that faces up, with a filter-screen. Now at least there's a 6-gallon usable recovery. This also improved the vac by eliminating the thin float-cage manifold which was causing lots of friction-loss. Then, the darn solution-tank had a filter sitting up so high, there would be almost two inches left in there with the pump losing its prime running on empty. So, I replaced their filter with a simple tough nickel-sized screen that fits perfectly in the low-spot. The last problem was that the Cobra's low profile made it a real bear to pull up stairs without leaning forward and killing your back. So, I attached a "walker" that I modified, and now this Cobra has a very convenient high handle to pull up stairs with no bending at all. And, the new handle doubles as a hose, bucket, and wand-carrier for those long treks. Pictures to follow.

Greenie

congrats on your porty pimps.

somewhere a few pages back there are some pics of the GG M5, that is culmination of my porty pimps to date, but I'm always cooking up something, just did a 4 vacuum unit for Lisa, still pimping it though.

MerCrewser

We had the "ultimate" back in the 90's. Used it for draperies and upholstery. That stupid thing drove me nuts. Good performer, but the pump and crappy canisters were a constant problem. I really hated the pump.

V

vegijohn

Love the Evo wands so much I bought 7. My prochem TI wands are collecting dust and thinking of selling.

SuperFly

Bought a USP Predator 1992 $1900.00.. Inline heater died 10mo. Under warranty.. 2nd one lasted 4 months.. Had it 2yrs then sold it.. :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom