Ultrachem Labs products

Name
Jesse
Any of you guys using their cleaning products? What are your opinions?

I know Ron L uses their concrete sealer (on all kinds of shiz). My guys have been trying "Clean" this week and say it cleans really well. I've yet to do my testing but their marketing leads me to be skeptical. How many revolutionary products are on the market already :roll:

Name
Ron lippold
they have great products. I did a slate floor earlier this week with their platiunm finish, man did that floor come out nice

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
I used to use Clean back around 2000. I liked it. It seemed to clean a wide variety of soil loads pretty decently. Clean was a good product. Their floor care products were not so hot IMHO. Ultrachem's main strength though seemed to be in their marketing. In fact I think their marketing was just a little bit better than their products were. At least that was my experience.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I just happen to know quite a bit about Ultrachem. I've been using it for years. Great products. The Clean works really well as a prespray, as a bonnet cleaner and does lots as a spotter, like move blood , rust(foam goes orange from the rust) and lotsa unknown skack. Not the cheapest chems, but I've played around with a lot of stuff and it works for me and my customers. I got started using it when it was speced to clean all government offices with due to being "green" products. Clean has both Green Seal and Environmental Choice certification. I also use their floor finishes. Again, not the cheapest, but very durable, enough that the local rec center uses the Bronze and it's cut the strip and wax times from 6 months to 9 months. I prefer the Platinum for gloss and durability. I use it at a private school I do and the schedule there is once a year. I just picked up some of the wood finish to put down on the wood floor in front bar at my rugby clubhouse. First time I've done wood, but I'll post some pics when it's done. The Neutralizer is a good souring product for both carpet for a really soft hand and after a strip, the StripX is my go to stripper. Cleaner and Conditioner is a good maintenance detergent, and a safe thing for the customer to use. I haven't tried much else, but I like it a lot.

The customer service is awesome, a phone call to the rep gets a quick response if I have any issues and the guy I deal with is very knowledgeable, having both a doctorate and many years of experience working for one of the largest floor finish supply companies in the world before coming to Ultrachem. He's come out to visit on jobs and I've helped teach suppliers employees about the product with me. they used to be located here, but they moved to California a few years ago.

(waiting for Lee Senter to post here !gotcha! )

Name
Ron lippold
slate job 240 sq ft 900 smackers
IMAG0370-1.jpg

before

after

IMAG0372-1.jpg

Bob Foster

Nice job. But I don't think much of the person who laid the tile out unless I am missing how it somes how lines up on the other end of that hall.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I tried them years ago. Liked the Protector, $40 would cover a 1000sf. no water.
Spilled some of the Neutralizer on my finger, burned my skin.
The Clean seemed to do a decent job.

AS for being spec'd in all BC gov't buildings, there was a LOT happening behind the scenes, ie the Ultrachem owner was dating the BCBuilding Corp's CEO's daughter, or some relation like that. SUre made them a lot of money. Actually, now that I think about it, I applied to clean the gov't buildings but would only be allowed if I passed a test more detailed than any IICRC test and if I used Ultrachem products. By that time I had stopped using Clean in favour of Zep Prep which was cleaning much better,

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
7 coats!
Does it not make the floor slippery?
I applied one coat to some tile and the next day people were walking in from the rain and darn near taking a loop, and it was a thin coat too.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Mr Werner- A few points.....
The rumour about "dating" was just that- a rumour started by certain distributors that was outright slander, but made good theater. John is well into his 50's, if not 60's and retired now. The business is run by his sons.
The one product I don't like is the Protector as it's mostly silicone and paraffin.
Yup- the Neutralizer will burn you, but VERY concentrated and all food grade acids. As to slippery finish, I've never had that issue, ever.

3 coats Platinum on vinyl comp tile at a school I do:

100_0436.jpg

Carpet cleaned with Ultrachem:

100_0454.jpg

cleen2.jpg

carpetcleaning006-1.jpg

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Strip black pad 175, neutralize, clear water rinse and silky mop head to apply the finish with.Burnish. Listen to the compliments.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom