Ultrapac

Holy crap that juice smells horrible. I had a 400 dollar credit at my suppliers so I picked up some free chems. I mixed 16 oz of up in my hf. That is a bit light but it cuts just as well. I got two complaints today on the smell and woke two teenagers sleeping in this morning.

I want to try liquid redline. If I can get eight hf jugs out of one gallon and get good performance without the horrible smell, I will be happy. The powder rocks. Why doesn't Jon Don, Interlink, or anyone from here sell it? I went to Jim P's site and it wasn't listed.

RIP IT

Name
Chris
Some people love the smell and some hate it. It is my most commonly used prespray and I am very happy with it's cleaning ability as well as how many customers comment on how nice the place smells even before I start extracting. I usually only ever use it at half the recommended dilution rate.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I bought some for a dirty commercial carpet, along with some citrus solvent additive. I don't see any difference from using my Grease Eraser or mixing up a Procyon pre-spray. The smell is bad....today I'm hacking up a lung!!!

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
16 OZ OF gRAND SLAM, AND 8 OZ OF CITRUSFORCE, does a great job even applied lightly.

Alot of suppliers aren't offering the liquid redline until they re release it. They fixed the foaming issue but its uber uber uber thick. They are getting a different chem mix system installed for this product and will be shipping out sometime this spring. I'd wait for the new shipment.

The gallon of liquid I got was sooo thick, I cut it to a quart instead of 1.5 like recommended in the hydroforce and it was so concentrated that I still had some foaming issue.

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
I didn't get any customer complaints about the smell. I didn't mind the smell, either. I was getting really bad headaches that went away when I stopped using Ultrapac.

randy

Name
Randy
Butyl is a really smelly chemical regardless of the product it is in. Harvard's Grime release PRO is like 50% Butyl works great and is cheaper, BUT it seems as bad.
You are better off using a different sprayer, pump up or Muti-sprayer type. The Hydro force seemed to aerosol too much of the Butyl.

Chemspec Express Lane imo is just as good if not better than Ultrapac without the strong chemical smell. Some customers want to believe so bad their home will smell good by getting the carpet cleaned they will think whatever you use smells good. We all know powerburst smells like floor stripper, and I have had several customers in the past tell me how good it smells. :?

I will stick with redline powder because it cleans great and almost no smell. I wonder why more suppliers don't stock it.

green guy

why would any of us use butyl? it is on the epa right to know list as well as a potential human carcinogen. if you use it you better not friggin lie and tell people it is baby and pet safe!!!!

Well butyl is in my old spice anti perspirant so I can't hide from it. Redline is butyl free but still full of hazardous chems but it cleans great.

green guy

Seriously look at the msds which you should have on your truck and investigate the hazard ingred. It cleans great? You are still leaving CRAP in the carpet. Ultrapac ect is a smoke and mirrors show. Those chems that "clean great are bioaccumulating in your body and your cust. at scarry rates. I ended up in the hospital from that crap. Look at how it interacts with human biology organs ect... Dont you dare tell any mom that it is safe pal untill you find out just what the heck you are dealing with. Take the extra time to use safe products your body abd cust will thank you.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
its amazing how so many people have different opinions on cleaners, people that complain about butyl are pussies. I had to laugh about seeing someone say ultrapak stinks, I have been using it since 1995, NEVER and I mean NEVER do I remember a complaint about the smell, never have I woke up teenagers with the smell, dude that is thousands and thousands of jobs!!!!! I do get at least 20% of customers that actually say wow that smells good. if you don't want to like a product I guess you just will not like it. the do make ultrapak LVC which has way less smell. keep in mind some people are too much of a dumbass to use a hydroforce or a glide.

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
If it was the regular S711 ultrapac then the smell can get a little hairy at times.

Try the S712 CA. compliant ultrapac. Smell isn't an issue with this stuff.

The jugs look the same except for the part number. Give it a try and I'd bet you'd like it.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Loren Egland said:
If you like the results with ultrapak, you might try Maxpak. It has a minty smell and can be diluted up to 1:64

pretty much just an Ultrapac knock off, isn't Loren?
Same for Powerclean's stuff (also very good)

..L.T.A.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
meAt said:
Loren Egland said:
If you like the results with ultrapak, you might try Maxpak. It has a minty smell and can be diluted up to 1:64

pretty much just an Ultrapac knock off, isn't Loren?
Same for Powerclean's stuff (also very good)

..L.T.A.

You are probably right Larry. That is why I mentioned it. Different scent.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom