Undercut By Hagopian!

joe harper

Name
joe harper
John, I have crews that bring in over 300k annually so I would say yes a darn good living can be made- and they make one too. "quoted by (KOJ)"... :roll:

PleeeEEEzzzz!

A 2 man crew...working 240 days a year.."5 days a week / doing 5 jobs a day"

Doing your $ 99.99 special...=...$119880.00... :!:

So they "UPSALE"....$180120.00...a year... :?

Is this just cleaning.. :?:
Does this figure include WD.. :?:
Or is this a crew that does MOSTLY commercial accnts.. :?:

Otherwise .."I"...resPeCtiVeLy...call..."BULLSHIT".... :D

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I don't understand the "quoted by (koj)" thing Joe. I have answered our volume thing so many times it gets old. We do what we do, and others do what they do and its all good. It is only my top crews that do that high a level 280-325 or so and they do have lots of repeat ustomers, lots of commercial work and no it does not include restoration work~ that's a whole separate division.

Ken
I will run 2009 report to give some accurate data, I am quoting 2008 numbers.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Our Top 10 cleaning crews in 2009.

$362,219.80
$348,334.25
$345,434.20
$344,845.69
$318,695.99
$315,131.78
$312,812.69
$307,854.28
$297,996.54
$285,940.62

Heathrow

Name
Heath Menefy
Harper I think your numbers are a little conservative too. A two man crew should be able to do way more than 5 x $99 4 room jobs a day surely?

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Easy..Ken,

I can always tell when I have HIT a NeRvE..."The TyPo'S...come flying out in you posts...

There is NO need to post ANY numbers... :!: I have just been doing this "GIG" a long time
and it is DAMN near impossible to gross..300K a year with ONE Butler...It is NOT relevent
as to VOLUME...What is RELEVENT is Job adverage.. :!: "There is only so much DAYLIGHT
in a given DAY... :wink:

NOW...with that said..."I haven't "cRaCkEd" on you in 3 months..." :D I was just stirring
the pot.. :roll: I have been picking on YOUR..."mInI-ME"..Greg Cole.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"He is NOT near as good of a SpoRt..as you... :(
He is coming to FL."to teach me a lesson".................................. :shock:

I wish you ALL the BEST..in 2010... :D

PS...The (KOJ)...Is my present to you..I have "CROWNED YOU"..."King of the Janitor's".. 8)

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
"The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer" The near impossible doesn't even compute.

We've been doing this GIG a little while ourselves Joe :-)

harryhides

Name
Tony
HARPER said:
John, I have crews that bring in over 300k annually
PleeeEEEzzzz!

A 2 man crew...working 240 days a year.."5 days a week / doing 5 jobs a day"
Doing your $ 99.99 special...=...$119880.00... :!:

Give it a rest Harpo, you're starting to make a fool of yourself and I really care about that.

For one thing you are trying to compare the city of Detroit with the orange farmers of North Tampa, PleeeEEEzzzz!

Let me give you a lil hint here - snow, rain and slush makes for a lot more dirty carpet than your sunshine state climate does. You ever think ( I doubt it ) about how many rooms in a typical Detroit house have carpet compared to a typical Tampa house - aside from the cocoNUT mat outside. Helloooooooooooooooooo.

You're trying to compare drive times in Detroit with 24 trucks to trying to cover your neighbourhood with only 4. Hellooooooooo.

And only an idiot Tech does 5 jobs a day every day of the year without EVER selling anything.
PleeeEEEzzzz!

And finally you gonna tell us that your goats only work 5 days a week, PleeeEEEzzzz!

$300k is $1k per day @ 300 days a year. Piece of cake IF you have a marketing machine behind you, spitting out more jobs 24/7.

You should be asking yourself how come after 20 yrs you only have 4 trucks running ?

joe harper

Name
joe harper
JEEeeezz...HaRRiEt... :shock:

Can't you see that I am AttEmPtInG To have a "MB"...(mEltDOWn HERE)... :roll:

I just spoke to the (koj)...he is sending ME a "10K check"...for TherApY.... :D

And YOU....are offering FreE aDviCe.... thathurts

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

hogjowl

Idiot™
Easy there Harpo ... don't take Harriet so seriously. Ever since the failed protector tests, he's been kissing up to evey industry guru he comes across in an effort to be relevant.

I am almost too scared to go to MF for fear he will make me puke seeing how he's kissing up to Wagner.

The man has no shame.

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
I wasn't going to start this thread becouse I knew you guys would start this stuff throwing #s around, Ok maybe I didn't hear the commmercials correctly But I've heard those things 15 times and never heard the Or between the sofa and two chairs. So Ken how long have you been working for Hagopian?

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
Chris Adkins said:
everfresh1 said:
I've Been in the Buisness in the Detroit Metro Area four over twenty Years I've never had higher prices than Hagopian on anything.

That's amazing, how have you managed to do that for 20 years and not have 25 trucks on the road? You must have an amazing amount of business sense to be able to stay so small...

Let me give you a little backround "Genius" Since you are apparently have a muliti-truck, multi-million dollar operation going there :lol: I worked for a couple of companys for 6 years, Before I went out on my own in 1992. I started with no credit and a portable in the back of a old beat up pick up and living in Detroit. In a year or so I got a van, a few years later I got my first small truck-mount,

A couple of years later I got another van then another truckmount than upgraded from my first machine to a slightly larger one. In 2000 I was able to move out of the hood, To the house I have now. It aint no palace, But I have 1600sqft house on 3 acres with a detached 3 car garage. Normally in the busy season I have two trucks on the road and thats fine for me. You don't have to have twenty trucks on the road to be successful. I've seen plenty of larger companys come and go. :wink:

-JB-

Name
JB
Soooooo....

Ken,
Knowing you know how much profit your company makes, does it seem feasible to you that a "one man show" could compete based on that same business model and make a "good" (I know define good) living or a reasonable profit doing the same?

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
John, I answered your question near the end of the first page of this thread and the answer was yes~ try to keep up :-)

Jamie~ I have been part of Hagopian 30 years next month.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
I would ...LUV...to post in this thread...... :D

BUT...hArrIeT sez I is tWo..."iG-NeRnt"...... thathurts

He feels that my lack of "Ed-U-MaCaTiOn"....and ignorance of the demographics
and the geographics being discussed in this thread ...far exceed my ability to respond
"kEn-TeLL-a-GENTLY."... :oops:

It appears that my attempt to incite a "meltdown" has met with a toofer of success from 2 of the usual suspects.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
HARPER said:
I would ...LUV...to post in this thread...... :D

BUT...hArrIeT sez I is tWo..."iG-NeRnt"...... thathurts

He feels that my lack of "Ed-U-MaCaTiOn"....and ignorance of the demographics
and the geographics being discussed in this thread ...far exceed my ability to respond
"kEn-TeLL-a-GENTLY."... :oops:

more likely he knows Ken, like I do
and knows he's not a bullchitter

He's fo-reel, Harp

..L.T.A.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
harryhides said:
Willy P said:
2 things I can't comprehend

[quote="Ken Snow":1u7l62xk] Most sofa's are able to be cleaned in a half hour or less dependng on con struction etc.

I've been doing this for 30 years and I can't effectively clean a 3 cushion sofa in under an hour with a 4 inch detailer. Is there a secret or am I doing something wrong?

I can't and won't start my van for less than 75 bucks and that's with a much lower overhead as a POG.

Willy, with a 2 man crew and a truckmount working in a house, the set up is much faster than with a Porty. I agree that SOME sofas will take a hour and more but there are many that can easily be done in 30 mins even without using Darlene's wanding tecnique for sofas.
Just the question of do you pre-vac a sofa or not will affect each operators times. Those sand, soaked Floridian mamas and their goats coming right off the beach pretty guarantee a pre-vacuuming in some places.[/quote:1u7l62xk]

Tony it takes me 5 minutes to get set up with auto fill and dump, dry vac, spray, scrub with horsehair and then extract. I clean the whole sofa, paying attention to everything from the piping to the skirt. I just can't do it any faster and get the results I expect. Must be getting old. :wink:

harryhides

Name
Tony
Willy P said:
Tony it takes me 5 minutes to get set up with auto fill and dump, dry vac, spray, scrub with horsehair and then extract. I clean the whole sofa, paying attention to everything from the piping to the skirt. I just can't do it any faster and get the results
I expect
. Must be getting old. :wink:

Yup, takes me a half hour just to get dressed and another ten to put some shoes on.

Name
Nate W.
harryhides said:
Willy P said:
Tony it takes me 5 minutes to get set up with auto fill and dump, dry vac, spray, scrub with horsehair and then extract. I clean the whole sofa, paying attention to everything from the piping to the skirt. I just can't do it any faster and get the results
I expect
. Must be getting old. :wink:

Yup, takes me a half hour just to get dressed and another ten to put some shoes on.

You were sporting the 2 strap velcro's at Connections. :twisted:

Mikey P

Administrator
$300k is $1k per day @ 300 days a year. Piece of cake IF you have a marketing machine behind you, spitting out more jobs 24/7.

Yeah but Ken has said many times how his residential division dies right after xmas.

With the Detroit winters I have a hard time believing Hagopian can find enough work to keep those ten crews with 5 jobs a day through March/April

The crew with the $360K must be scamming the shit out of people all summer long.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Mike we do closer to 80-100 jobs a day in the winter, more than double that in the season. And of course the one's with those highest totals worked all year long.

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
80-100 jobs a day in the winter

:shock: Man Thats hard to believe, Since I've been it the buiness, it's always been the case were ever I've worked, That sales drop 60 to 70% After christmas untill the end of march. Those commercials must be working for you, How many people do you have working the phones Ken?

Brian H

Name
Brian H
Jamie,

I'll answer for Ken since he is out of the office!

This winter I've reduced our Customer Care Staff to 6 full time and 4 part-time employees.

Brian

Name
Bruce
I'm thinking most here can't even begin to comprehend the operation that Hagopian has in place.

Brian I would love to come down and visit sometime just so I can get an understanding of it :-)

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Good one Meat~ I'm up North in Charlevoix and Boyne, skiing for the weekend and we are getting our nails done today.

Bruce and Jamie- u are both welome to see our operation, just coordinate with Brian or me.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I can just see the new Hagopian ad campaign: Our competitors are crying "Undercut by Hagopian!"

As a Michigan boy I sometimes miss the snow related sports.

...and sometimes I don't.

Thanks,
Lee, now a Kentucky boy

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom