UNEMPLOYMENT

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Unemployment numbers show people COLLECTING benefits, if the real number of people exhausting their benefits w/o finding employment were shown you would shit your panties...!

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Yeah, plus the number of adult kids that have not found a job to begin with or those who are very under-employed.

Take care,
Lisa

Able 1

Name
Keith
I can't find a good employee to save my life... The age group I'm looking to employ is lazy. It's kind of funny, I just think all the lazy bastards lost their jobs and the good one's are still employed .. !gotcha!

F

FB7777

I'm over-employed and have been since I had a 100 paper delivery route when I was 14

the unemployment rate could go to 50% and I'm still gonna have work

the 'real' unemployment rate Bawb is probably closer to 15% or higher

unemployed benefits in MA are 99 weeks too Ross

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Pelosi and Obama just said this week that they want to get more people on unemployment to grow the economy.

No wonder America is screwed!!!

Maybe they are talking about China's economy since we have to borrow money to pay 99 weeks of unemployment.

These guys are starting to make Carter look good.

F

FB7777

our country is in the final stages of a 2 player monopoly game

China has most of the money and over half of the properties and we are just borrowing every time we land on their spaces

we can't prevent the inevitable, but it would be nice to curtail it for a generation or two :mrgreen:

Walt

The young people have me worried. I see a lot of college grads unemployed and living with their parents. Working at Starbucks or the mall is beneath their dignity, so many of them stay home watching TV, texting, and using their iPads. It's really sad to see a generation with so little optimism about the future.

I also see many older ones who've lost work and have been forced into early retirement or part-time work.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I believe unemployment is really closer to 20-25%. So many have exhausted their benefits that they have dropped off the rolls. I've also noticed a bigger "underground" ecomomy....people collecting cash instead of paychecks. There are employers that just don't want to deal with payroll taxes and workers comp.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
They are living a different dream. Working for 1 employer, buy a house, you can't lose your money there. The news media will tell you the truth. WWII was the war to end all wars. Your kids life will be better than yours. Then there is the whole college and job issue. :cry: :cry:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom