Uniforms, van apperance and company image.

Chris A

Name
Chris
just make sure all your hub covers are on, and forget the wheels, there are much smarter ways to spend money on your business. Check e-bay or rock auto for plastic caps.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
When your uniform makes you look too much like "Skippy the Wonder Tech" people talk to you like there is somebody behind you. It's like they know there is somebody else in more authority they can get on the phone, or that you might have to call to see if it's okay to do a few extra mats for free etc. The more you can make your uniform look like business attire the less that will happen. Young kid with standard company uniform is too "McDonald's employee". Try not to wear a company ball cap when doing "managerial things" Very good for your techs to appear that way. It keeps them from taking the reigns too much or trying to get away with things, because it communicates to the customer that they are a representative of you and you are a phone call away. I just think whatever uniform you wear should be a nicer button up shirt, a "salesman" jacket, and some nice pants. Polyester slacks hold up well in the field even if you have to do water damage. I go through a pair of cotton slacks every 6 weeks or a pair of poly slacks once a year. The cotton ones look better though... at first.

Just my thoughts. Professional company uniforms are great though. And they make people feel more comfortable than if you are wearing nicer clothes without any logo on them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom