Unique "Hazy Line" Problem? Anyone seen?

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
I tested and it seems to be an Olefin/Polyprop.

In a whole block of town homes that were built about 10 years ago.

I clean them alll the time for about 5-10 diff people over the last 3 years and they always clean up pretty good.

Cleaned one Friday that had a 12x30 LR DR Sun Room and a couple BR's to the side, going side to side about 4 ft apart were about 1 ft deep black hazy lines. About 6 of them spread 4 ft apart and went from wall to wall and then into the Bedrooms seperated by a wall.

Looks like just particle board, pad and carpet? Only going in a handful of the homes out of 15-20 of them

I didn't know what the moisture would do so I "Scampooed" it heavy with a 175 and a couple cottons and some "pixie dust" called Releasit. Seemed to do ok. Told her I would check on it and call her in a week.

Any idea???

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Are you saying you cleand it before? If not and somebody soaked these before, I wouldn't be surprise if somebody taped the pad seams underneath using a rubber slab pad at 4'6" seams and the moisture/cleaning solution loosened the adhesive and it wicked the service, creating a very sticky residue to collect fine particulate soil.

Or... the particle board floor is gapped at every seem on 4ft and their is a negative air pressure from the heating/cooling pulling air down and thus the fine particulate soil.

These would be my guesses w/out seeing it.

Hope it comes out. If all else fails you could use a heavy oxidizer product to help loosen the fine soil particulate.

Bob Foster

Would they correspond to the 4x8 lengths and widths of sheets of sub floor material? I think there may be something to the sub floor air or humidity exchange idea that Kevin has.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom