universe's bad humor

Name
eric schulz
IMG_2053.jpeg

when the 3rd coat of high speed wax just went down, starting to become tacky cuz your air mover is beefy, and it moved enough air to teach you about pppf- proper planning prevents f$&kups. still came out nice, but i needed some pants for ride home lol

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Patton fans work better for that than a blower. They circulate the air over the floor and not directly on them. If you set them back away from your last finished spot and move them as the floor dries, that won’t occur.

Reactions: Bryce C
Name
eric schulz
nope! i did some quick improvised free jazz thinking- thinned out a little cup of wax with water (i cant imagine ever using oil based) and used a small half piece of one of the plushy terry cloth style flatmop heads on a doodle bug head fixed on a telescopic pole like it was a spear i needed to assemble to kill the polar bear charging at me for sport(couldnt blame him for trying to escape thereality of life in a place where the interior decorator can't perceive color) and soaked it just enough to spread it on the spots- it thinned out the drying wax enough to spread it out evenly and it fixed it in time. put a 4th coat on and it came out glossy and uniform. absolutely should have had to at least wait for it to cure enough to top scrub a layer or 2 and pray that wasnt a total waste of time. small miracle perhaps- if jesus was a carpenter, maybe his dad is sympathetic to contractors?

Name
eric schulz
Patton fans work better for that than a blower. They circulate the air over the floor and not directly on them. If you set them back away from your last finished spot and move them as the floor dries, that won’t occur.
i had it set on top of something pointing it in a 40ish degree upward angle. the space was tight and didn't provide much room to back off more than a few ft.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
But a blower has a strong direct hit to your floor, where a fan don’t hit it direct or as strong as a blower. You should try a Patton, they’re cheap.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Also, in the event something like that occurs, a square scrub works wonders, and you can contain it to a small area and not go deep. Top coat over it with a flat mop, bam😃

Name
eric schulz
i had it set on top of something pointing it in a 40ish degree upward angle. the space was tight and didn't provide much room to back off more than a few ft.

Also, in the event something like that occurs, a square scrub works wonders, and you can contain it to a small area and not go deep. Top coat over it with a flat mop, bam😃
i haven't been able to get my hands on one yet, however it has been at the top of the list when things stabilize and i eventually break free of the regular job makin another guy rich- an expanded arsenal of gear abd bass boats are hard to get when another pair of hands are reaching in the sane cookie jar. i know thats going to be a smart investment.

Reactions: Kenny Hayes
Name
eric schulz
oh i crossed that off a couple years ago when i first started. ac came on, the daily cleaning crew wasn't hi/lo dusting and the vents just kept dropping the kinda snowfall they get when its cold in hell! QUOTE="scotty747, post: 4866957, member: 40274"]
Wait till you blow dust bunnies all over the wet floor with your blower.
[/QUOTE]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom