Unknown spots,,your first weapon of attack?

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
This question has been covered before but not recently, and with so many new products coming out I like to keep up with what's out there.

So, on spots that you can't identify, what is your spotter of choice, and is there one that does well on water and oil based spots?

I have been using Hardball solvent spotter with awesome results, but the problem is that if you use alot in a room the orange smell gets to you.

I know the proper method is to hit it with a VDS, then a water based then a protein and on down the line,,but who really wants to carry a dozen different spotters and waste time trying to find the right one.

So whacha using on them?

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
Just out of curiosity, how would you apply a bar of soap to carpet? Just rub a dub dub?

Also it seems like citrus gel could get kind of pricey if you put it on all of your unknown spots. Is it?

BTW that bogus post sure got deleted fast. Mr. administrator is quick on the trigger tonight!

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
And all this time I didn't take Odin serious,

Fels Naptha Soap is a fantastic stain remover and pre-treater. It works especially well on oil-based stains. Just rub the stain with a wet bar of Fels Naptha Soap. Let it sit for a while and launder as usual. It works great on baby clothes which have formula stains.

If I think a stain is protein based I will go with a high ph protein spotter. If I suspect oil based I go with a citrus spotter.

Chads

Supportive Member
which stores carry Fels naptha I can not find any at all checked local groceries stores and Walmart but cant seem to find it.

Driguy

AerosolVOC,LiqVOC,GelVOC, Avenge, Liquid oxy bleachy things, cookie cutter inset.

in that order of trying

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Chads said:
which stores carry Fels naptha I can not find any at all checked local groceries stores and Walmart but cant seem to find it.

Publix supermarkets carry it. I don't know if you have publix out there or not though.

Jimbo

Chad...google fels naptha...then select a location...walgreens usually stock it for under 2 bucks per bar...keep it in pocket while cleaning...will work on about 85% of stains...got to rinse it out thouroughly.

Brad_Smith

depends on what spot looks like. If dark gray then pog. If color then red vanish. If tanin(coffee or urine) then 40 and ammonia. Redish brown then rust remover. This really is very simple most of the time. 10% takes some thinking.

Brad smith

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom