Up and Running

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Wow....Nice looking site at first glance.

Where's your fricken phone number???!!!

Oh, there it is.....don't make me look for it.

Talk to Fred...get it on google places.

I can help with that too.

www.my1pro.com

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
Willy P said:
OK - I bit and finally got a website.

NOW

What do I do next? Hints and suggestions? Critiques please!

http://www.steemwerxcarpetcleaning.com/

Go to the "website tips that work" thread and do all of the things that Brian has put in there. I did that and my website is hitting high on Google for my area. Reviews on Google places has been the key. Put your business on foursquare, yelp, facebook, any social network site you can, and link to it from your site.

Mikey P

Administrator
Toss that generic crap you lifted from Stanley Steemer in your about us section
Replace it with pictures and stories about Willy the family man, Willy the 30 year family year cleaning veteran, Willy the tball coach, about the dog or homeless shelter you clean for free, how you helped clean up after the riots when your LOSER team lost the cup, a bit about your trustworthy chimps and then load up your testimonies with quips by all your well known public figure clients

Looks real good

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Brian R said:
I don't know what "Willy" means in Canadaland....But here.....

:mrgreen:
I can be an ignorant dick or an opinionated prick, but I'm always a Willy.....

Actually, I was tagged Willy when I started in installation by the Scotsmen that taught me the first phase about carpets. Those guys were real tradesmen.

Got a little work to do on that baby. Thanks!

John Jackson

Your point of view is so wonderful, and I feel very interesting. I have a lot of immature idea where you get the answer, I will continue to focus on your posts, I hope you can continue to update, I will put my views and ideas to share with you.

Edit: dealt with...Brian.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
right_img_2.jpg

Your wife looks a lot older than you!

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
On the main page.... please drop the read more buttons on the center and third panel to align with the left one. Sorry I'm a little OCD. :mrgreen:

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Very nice.

Did you do it yourself?. SEO and google places like Brians said would help in the searches.

Put some more keywords in your pages as well. "Vancouver's best carpet cleaners...." "Our Vancouver residents...".

If you have Andrechelle host it you'll eventually have a lot of back links.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Since I like Willy........Did I really just say that? (How many levels of wrong was that?)

I would like to give a good critique to your new site.

Wrote a song about it.....wanna hear it? Here it go...

Colors are pretty good BUT you need to add 1 or 2 more to the mix....it gets too 1 dimensional with all blues.

It's simple and I like that...The photos are good but you really should have a person in your photos somewhere. Like a family or home owner.....It's overdone for a reason.

Here's a BIG one......Your phone number is lost in the mix...the placement is "too cool" to stand out. You also need a call to action "call now" etc. Your site is very centered....and that's ok....one column works sometimes.....I think it does here BUT BUT...your phone number still should be on the right top side of the site....and make it stick out.
I understand it make take more re-organization than you want to do .....So you can just make the phone number stick out where it is by changing the color to a red or something...make it a little bigger as well.

Take off your website address under the title....If people see it, they are already there.....Just have your phone number and email...make your email clickable so people can email you bro....because it's not now.

Hoody is right about bringing the 2 "read more" buttons down to be in line with the left one....bugs me too.

Honestly there isn't much more to "fix"

The front page should be simple....which it is.....it should be a menu of the rest of the site....which it is.

It just needs to "make" the customer call or email you ....which it ISN'T.

People really don't know what to do unless you tell them. Go figure.

Either way...Good job Willy! You've started out 100% better than most....If you left the site alone it would probably be ok.

But seriously...if you do one thing......Fix the phone number issue and get people to call you.

Maybe I'll do a quick screen shot for you....hold the phone.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Just really quick......I would make your title smaller and put the phone number in this spot.....of course it looks crowded how I did it but I didn't want to start re working everything.

Here

willysite.gif

Where the url, phone, email is now....You could have a slogan like "Let Willy spray his juice all over your home"....or something like that. !gotcha!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
By the way. I like the "Talk Now" button and the idea of connecting them to you with their phone number.......I would color that tab red to stand out as well.

Do you capture their number when they submit their info?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
On the "Join Our Newsletter" You might want to tell them to enter their email address. It's the simple things.

Put a disclaimer that you won't sell or rent their email address to anyone and it's solely for the use of Steemwerx Carpet Cleaning

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom