Update Jeremy's new Son

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Well, they hooked the little one up to an EEG for at least the next 24 hours so they can monitor his brain activity. Another 24 or so wires hanging off of him... The good news is they're taking him off the ventilator in an hour or two.

Everyone thanks again for your concern and well wishes. Being able to vent has been helpful. Thanks again.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Well... the little guy came off of the ventilator today. I have never been so happy to hear a baby cry. We also had a chat with 2 nuerologists. They seemed confident that the brain hemorage and consequent swelling is minor and with any luck should not cause any major long term effects however in the short term they are monitoring him for siezures. On the whole a lot of good news today... Even the nerologists seemed to happy to be able give good news for a change.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Babies are tough little buggers. You would be surprised what they can put up with.

It's us Fathers that treat them like fine china. Instinct I guess?

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Well the little guy got a PIC line which should replace a bunch of different IV sites so Benjamin doesn't look like a science project and will make it so we can hold him. Also, he got a feeding tube but they seem to think its just temporary.

The main concern now is his kidney function. They are making urine but not filtering the blood like they should. They're going to run a battery of tests on both kidneys and hopefully figure this out. Of course this hospital has had 12 or so doctors looking in on our boy not to mention 2 Nurse Practitioners & and a dedicated RN 24 hours a day... I have every confidence in the staffs ability.

The other good news is we got approved for Medicaid... So that saves us about $300K or so so far...

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
I got to hold the lil' fella for a bit last night and the took the IVs out of his belly button/cord nub. Also the put him in a regular crib instead of the incubator with a radiant heater.

They're doing a bunch of blood work to see what's what with his kidneys.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
BabyBrotha.jpg

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
all my best Jeremy, Will keep you and your family in my prayers.
Thanks for the update.
David

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
J

who is the hotty and when does she turn 18

just kidding congrats brother

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
She's 13, Crowley... :evil: :twisted: :evil:
Illcutyou.jpg

13 :lol:

Benjamin is still in the ICU but he is doing well and hopefully will be home soon. They're still working on his kidney tests & his 24 hour EEG results. Also, there was some damage to his arm during delivery and it was low priority in comparison to some of his other problems but it has moved up this list the last few days... But he's alert since they took him off the sedatives and only has a couple monitors & his pic line hooked to him. Benjamin is looking more like a baby boy and less like a science project... Even holds his head up.

0529111848b.jpg

He' s even allowed to nurse now too.. Sorry Crowley, ya friggin' perv... No pics. :mrgreen:
We aren't out of the woods yet by any means but his condition has improved dramatically. Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes. They have kept Andrea and I going if nothing else...

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
he is a handsome bugger( I have a joke but am holding back) good luck J he has good blood lines he will be okay

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
We all know the kids got their looks from their mother :p

Good to see things are improving bud. A parent's love can do a lot. !gotcha!

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Jeremy, I'm glad to hear that things are improving. Our prayers are with you my friend.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Well the little guy seems to have lost interest in eating... They put the feeding tube back up his nose. The good news is his kidney labs are showing improvement.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom