Upholstery Cleaning Challenge-Cotton w/ feather down

John Watson

Depends on the value and how bad or extensive the urine damage.

Is it a 1 time thing or a pet constantly marking??

We clean down jackets in the washer, I have washed down pillows I have had dry cleaners who do down, one of them would weigh the piece coming in and process it then add or replace with more feathers as needed which was included in his fees and we took care of the outer covering to make sure it blended with the body..

John Watson

By saying a few small spots, will lead me to asumune nothing realy affected the down..

Clean with 7ph shampoo rinse with acid side rinse

or just use a hation cotton type acid shampoo..

I would probably also spray a little foo foo juice on the inside of the cover and on the feather covering/

Jose Smith

More info is needed. Are you trying to correct an odor? Are you trying to correct a stain? Are you trying to correct both?

Different methods are needed for each of the above, so it would be impossible to answer at this point.

Also, can you post a pic or give some more details on the fabric.

Jose Smith

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Steven..was it live picked goose down?
makes a difference cuz of the oil in the down is different than dED picked goose down......

Name
Steve Lawrence
I'd avoid HWE for any loose cushions that are down filled. They can shrink easily since there is no tension on the fabric.

I'd use Von Schrader dry foam. The urine needs vary so much. Hopefully it's minor and you can solve with normal procedures.

Back
Top Bottom