Upholstery cleaning tool recommendation

BIG WOOD

The Timminator
Name
Matt w.
Hey all, been using prochem upholstery tool forever and looking to maybe make a change. thx
For normal upholstery, I love PMF's 3.5" internal jet with their lead hose attached to it. I've used the new plastic tools, and I couldn't get used to them. If you do a lot of delicate fabric, then you might want one of those, but if you're like me and do old normal furniture and new normal furniture, then PMF is what you want

Reactions: Russ T. and Jimmy L

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I primarily use and train with the Sapphire Scientific Upholstery Pro. I keep a 3.5" PMF internal spray tool (a.k.a. "Hydry" tool from Bridgepoint) handy for detail work if needed.

I like the Upholstery Pro mostly because it is the least likely to cause distortion on chenille and other delicate textures.

I wish it would have been named "The Studebaker Tool" to give due credit to Keith Studebaker. Between this tool and what is now called the Airpath (formerly the Studebaker fan), Keith has done more to make cleaner's days easier, more productive, and less risky than most know.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Had they done the two support bars that cause the mark lines, a little deeper (more sunk in), wouldn't that have solved the line issue and made it an even better tool?
I agree with Jim. Between the SS tool and PMF internal jet tool. You got it all covered.

Had both these tools had a spray (mist) option, life would have been perfect.

Reactions: Russ T.
Name
Nate W.
While I like my SS aka Studebaker Tool, I love my hydrokenetic tool... Yes it may be heavier in weight, but it glides effortlessly and doesn't have the "Bite down" that the SS tool has even when you open the relief valve... My mom loves the SS for the light weight, but the hydrokenetic for the ease of use... To each their own...

Speaking of which, what's the verdict on making the plastic/rotomolded Hydrokenetic tool?? @Scott W

Reactions: Shorty and Mikey P
Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
Yep I did too, like handling a small boat anchor, piece after piece. Also used PMF clear head internal jet. Bought a Saphire and a Hydrokinetic. Went back and forth between the two then tapered off the Saphire. Use the Saphire for really tightly stretched pieces and Kinetic for most everything else. No overspray and fast production.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I also like the Sapphire, but wish I had the clear head model.

HydroKinetic is also a favorite for larger pieces & mattresses.

I've also had a very good run with the MyteeDry tool as well as the Rotovac ShearDry.
That will probably cause a stir.

My HiDry hardly ever gets used.

I also carry some very small tools that come in handy occasionally.

20161113_144118_zpsjmdqrdfz.jpg

:yoda:

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I tend to use the Rotovac the most personally. I can detail some edges and areas easier. I also like it better on microfiber (smoother look vs couple lines) but grooming things out not a problem using SS.

We have Sapphire, Rotovac and Prochem with glides on each van....

Prepped for what we can run into... The old Prochem maybe used 2 or 3 times this past year on some RV trim work and flushing

Reactions: SamIam

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I am going to put a stainless steel needle valve on my PMF clear internal jet tool. Holding the valve open for a long time makes my hand tired. So if I have continuous flow that won't be a problem. www.dultmeiers.com part number GE 3000-4SS Globe needle valve 1/4F x 1/4 F stainless $30.01

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I also like the Sapphire, but wish I had the clear head model.

HydroKinetic is also a favorite for larger pieces & mattresses.

I've also had a very good run with the MyteeDry tool as well as the Rotovac ShearDry.
That will probably cause a stir.

My HiDry hardly ever gets used.

I also carry some very small tools that come in handy occasionally.

20161113_144118_zpsjmdqrdfz.jpg
Thats a nice tool set Shorty. Is that the one included with US Products Ultimate machine?

Reactions: SamIam

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
No, the ultimate set is different & I think have Viton " O" rings.

Mine has a crevice tool, curtain tool, & two upholstery tools, all with internal jets.

This is the Ultimate set.

Ultimate%204in1-tool-e1405361499872_zpsk3ak5knf.png

Upholstery tools are a passion for me.

I always liked the original DryMaster for rug fringes.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Everyone should have more than one upholstery tool. An open jet spray tool for quick cleaning large areas of commercial or plastic fabrics and that can double as a tight area carpet detailer, and a modern 'no-spray' tool for everything else.

If you have limited funds and can only buy one, get the Rotovac. Then you can still afford an open jet tool.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Look at how much safer it is to clean special care upholstery with these tools.

Not to mention (even though I yam) how much lighter the tool is and how its not as tough on your arms.

Plastic tools are worth every penny! :cool:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom