Upholstery Pro - Clear head

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Incase you missed it, Sapphire Scientific came out with a clear head for the upholstery pro tool.

My customers freak out when they see how much crap I get out.
I don't do it in this pic, but do a dry pass on a arm of a chair and you can see how much dry soil comes out just with the tm vaccume. Insane, I love this tool.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/LaHCkCfk0FQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Reactions: Desk Jockey

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Personally I've used the small 3 gallon extractors for years with the lightweight plastic upholstery tools when servicing smaller jobs. I've always appreciated seeing the soil coming through the tool. It lets you know when the spot or upholstery has been flushed well enough. Sapphire was brilliant to build a professional tool with this feature.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
I've had mine for about a week and have only gotten to use it a couple times, and I love using it.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
What does the clear head have to do with its spray bar?

My pressure changes with the ss pro but it is because of the valve control moving or rubbing against something while you are cleaning and it can and does get frustrating while trying to work.

Just make sure the valve is set where you want it, then use supplied cover to secure your setting from changing and that works for most of the time.

Still easily one of the best tools out for sure.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
...so Larry Cobb, why did you like that???
Probably because its accurate. I've had mine a few weeks now and I've noticed if you turn the pressure high enough to get water in the center of the tool and it oversprays, turn it down enough to get rid of overspray and you don't get water all the way across. Also the pressure will change multiple times cleaning an upholstery set no matter how tight I try to wrap the cover. That being said I still like it alot and think its an improvement over my dri master 2.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Yes, I've only had it a couple of weeks. I hadnt posted cause I thought it must be normal, now you got me thinking maybe its not normal. I'll see about a video in the next day or two.

Honestly though it may not even effect the cleaning, at least I havent noticed it so far of course I haven't cleaned anything particularly dirty yet either.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
So it doesn't streak in cleaning or anything like?
Not so far.

Really, my only complaint is having to stop every few minutes to adjust the flow and I'm sure their is a way to fix that I just thought all the bugs if you want to use that word were already fixed. Again though don't get me wrong overall I do like the tool and do think it was a step up from my old drimaster but I just wanted to point out the things that John said we're in fact true.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
200-300 psi seems to be the sweet spot on mine, no over spray if adjusted correctly, if you have to high a pressure the center of the spray bar will not work correctly, but why would you use such high psi anyways on upholstery.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
I got mine threw pembertons, I actually tried it out there at an upholstery class while it was hooked to an Everest tm. Works just as well with my rage. 1-800-342-2297 ask for Jim pemberton. He's very honest and can tell you the goods and bads. He is a upholstery cleaning God, he usually has an article or two each year in cleanfax about upholstery cleaning's do's and don't's.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Reactions: Desk Jockey
J

JS41035

500 for a tool you could pay off in a morning of cleaning couches. How cheap should it be ? 200? 100 ? Even if they only have 80 bucks in materials in the Upholstery pro, how many are they actually gonna sell? How much did they spend on development.
Custom made tools that are pricey don't bother me. As long as they work and make me money.
When a supplier takes a part from grainger ,changes the part #and adds a 300% markup. That's annoying.
But even at that we can still go out and make a grand in a day.
You gotta sell a lot of upholstery tools and CC chems to do that.

Mikey P

Administrator
Makes no matter if the holes/jets on the spray bar are putting out different amounts or distances as they are only there to fill the channel.

Either put a locking needle valve on the tool or set it in the protective wrap in a way that it won't move.

Name
Steve Lawrence
Either put a locking needle valve on the tool or set it in the protective wrap in a way that it won't move.[/QUOTE]

I wonder why the mfr doesn't address that issue.

Reactions: Russ T.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The wrap comes with it, if the valve is in the wrap there isn't an issue.

I'd guess those that have had a problem is because they operate the tool with the valve not wrapped. When its out unwrapped it can rub and turn against other surfaces changing your pressure setting.

I've never seen it do that in the wrap.

I wonder why the mfr doesn't address that issue.
Operator error.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
The wrap comes with it, if the valve is in the wrap there isn't an issue.

I'd guess those that have had a problem is because they operate the tool with the valve not wrapped. When its out unwrapped it can rub and turn against other surfaces changing your pressure setting.

I've never seen it do that in the wrap.

Operator error.

Sorry, it moves even in the wrap.

I'll buy one of those locking metering valves. I remember someone posting a pic of it before and for some reason I thought Sapphire had incorporated it.

Not sure why so many seem so defensive of the thing? Y'all act like someone is insulting your kid or something. It's a great tool it's simply not flawless as most tools are not flawless.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
No, I'm just telling it as it has been for us. I've truly never see it happen.
Not defensive at all, I have nothing to lose or gain in the deal.

Sorry you are having issues but for once its not me. :smile:

Mike had a valve he put on his and said it stopped his problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Mine moves up but mostly down in pressure as well and this is why I was asking the questions above.

And Chavez your motherland is tied right now 0-0 at halftime.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Gaaawd quit watching that chit! How much of your life just got wasted?

You should just check the score just seconds before its over.

Of course it will still be 0-0
:p

P.S. Wrap your valve! :winky:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom