Upholstery Pro - Clear head

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
...so Larry Cobb, why did you like that???

We have sold quite a few of the Sapphire Uph. Tools, and overall, I think they are good tools.

As I pointed out earlier, they do have one flaw . . .

a cleaning void in the very center.

I was hoping the clear tops would minimize the center extraction void,

but I don't think it was changed.

John just confirmed what some of my customers had complained to Sapphire about.

Larry

Name
Lee Stockwell
Why would the clear cover have anything to do with the spray bar?

Remember, holding the tool up in the air has little to do with how it works on the fabric. It's NOT like carpet where "impact" and even distribution is needed. On upholstery the solution basically just fills the chamber.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Lee;

The cover has a plastic support that obstructs the vacuum in the very center of the tool.

Airflow could be improved by some careful shaping to make it narrower,

without affecting the strength of the housing.

Of course, Mikey says that modifications should not be required on tools.

Larry

Mikey P

Administrator
what a dick.

what I said in regards to your favorite manufacture of low end tools is that Carbon Fiber was a very stupid choice for their RE.

and I was right, they changed it

I also said that there is no fix for their wand head spray design, no matter how much brass the Lepricon throws at it, and I was right.

the Uph Pro works fantastic, never streaks and is durable as all hell.

and yet you continue to sell shitty wands off your floor knowing full well they deflect water all over the place and streak like mad.

Buck1955

Name
John
SS needs to FIX the problems instead of treating us like guinea pigs. And Lee, I'd rather throw it away than give it away.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Buck who is your distributor up that way. Not only should they take care of it but the shutoff switch on your Cleanco. Give them a call, sounds like you're a good customer of theirs. Let them earn your business.

Reactions: ryankettering

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I hope SS improves their upholstery tool and it does need some tweaking IMHO.
I felt that the coverage was far from perfect. Though in many regards it is a very well thought out tool.

I also hope that Dry Master-3 fixes some of the silly mistakes in the design of their tool. With a few changes it can be a great tool.
Did Dry Master let only engineer types design their tool? Did they seek feedback from people who actually clean upholstery?

Here's the slogan for today (and from now on): Off butt. Fix tool.

Please.

Last edited:

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Lee;

The cover has a plastic support that obstructs the vacuum in the very center of the tool.

Airflow could be improved by some careful shaping to make it narrower,

without affecting the strength of the housing.

Of course, Mikey says that modifications should not be required on tools.

Larry
Larry Have you even watched the video I posted? Pay attention, the tool isn't flawed. The only two little lines are from support bars but the solution bar is unobstructed so complete coverage of solution clear across the head, the only two lines are from two very small support bars. Try actually using one Larry.

Besides if you sell them and shoot them down your only hurting your sales. And we all know how you try to sell here.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
I will make a video tonight of the cleaning side of the tool and post it tomarrow. If yours isn't like mine as far as how the water flows then I would take it apart, check for built up hair in the cleaning head, then. Look for any problems with that small plastic tube that goes from the trigger to the spray bar.

Mine doesn't clean real well in the middle if the water pressure to too high. 200- 300psi ish is great. I'm sure differant machines flow water at different rates, you might have to play with pressures and the flow valve.

I didn't look but does the flow valve have a packing nut you can tighten to help keep the know from turning so easily?

If it does, tighten it some if your having issues with it moving.

As far as flowing differantly once you get it hooked up, it always will as hot water acts thinner and will flow more once it gets to the head, if you have a temp setting turn it down some, high temps can actually damage some upholsterys. Just remember your not loosing any heat threw the air like a spray jet, it doesn't spray, the small holes just fill the spray bar, tool should be adjusted so it just penetrates the fiber. So you also don't need a lot of pressure.

Hope this helps. I am not paid or reimbursed for anything I've said here, I do however love this tool. And have used it since it originally came out.

Reactions: Steve Lawrence
Name
Lee Stockwell
While cleaning with it yesterday I paid particular attention to some of the claims made above.

The center support does NOT obstruct vacuum in any way. While the support is visible, it does NOT block airflow at all.

I don't get the complaint about the flow adjustment. Just not a problem in the real world. Reach over and turn it down if needed, or turn the pressure down at the machine if needed.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Mickey just posted a video, streaking, it's in a new thread.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
While cleaning with it yesterday I paid particular attention to some of the claims made above.

The center support does NOT obstruct vacuum in any way. While the support is visible, it does NOT block airflow at all.

I don't get the complaint about the flow adjustment. Just not a problem in the real world. Reach over and turn it down if needed, or turn the pressure down at the machine if needed.

Yep, it's just all being made up. My God some are starting to sound like the people on the other board when anything critical of Mytee is said.

As far as blocking air flow I'm not sure who said that what was said was that water doesn't flow in the center and if you turn the flow up in order for it to flow in the center then it spits and makes a mess. As I said earlier I haven't cleaned anything dirty enough to tell if that lack of flow makes any difference or not, could be it's part of the design.

Regarding the flow adjustment of course you can adjust it the problem lies in when you have to adjust several times on one piece of furniture or when cleaning a set. Not impossible just a little annoying.

Thank you Mike, that is the part I was looking to buy for some reason I thought Sapphire had started putting that on them stock but I don't mind doing the upgrade myself. I think that part will make me love the tool instead of being simply satisfied.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Here is a quick video, like mikeys video I don't see any streaking or water not spraying out in the middle. I even have it turned down to the very min waterflow for this cotton couch.

http://youtu.be/U7aKMZWOlFg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom