Urine Deodorization - Methods?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I'm cleaning in a housing complex and there are many with serious urine issues.
Most are grey nylon berbers, never been properly cleaned since installed.

Currently, I'm rinsing the spot with a stair tool using an very slow pass with acid rinse with some dd12 (doing this to extract as much urine from the carpet as possible before flooding it and driving it all to the backing)

Then flooding it with the same solution using the stair tool, then extracting with the small waterclaw (one size up from the spot claw-much better being able to stand), repeating flood and rinse.

What are you preferred methods? Looking to shave some time off this process.

Anyone having any success with spray down solutions that neutralize/modify the urine so it doesn't smell?

S

sam miller

I love OSR for odor and stain removal also odorcide as a back up punch flood it then water claw or flash extractor in my case.

If its a small dog I will use enzall mixed with kill odor plus pre spray all areas and rinse extract very effective and in expensive way to surface sanitize pet stain and odor.

sometimes I will flood area with all fiber rinse or textile rinse and flash extract also.

then i keep a little USR for harder discolorations.

tim

Osr above 200 degrees with quat, dd12 and hydracide. 30 minutes dwell, med claw to extract. Works like a charm!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Ron Werner said:
What are you preferred methods? Looking to shave some time off this process.

if the contamination is isolated to a couple/few areas (and not "allfckingover the joint")
We use a watering can with hot water and sodium perc . (Oxyclean)
We flood it, dwell for 15 or 20 then water claw .
Plug in a naked QD on the sol line.
use it to flush/rinse with the claw .
You can use your "smells good" juice in the rinse

there is no topical spray made that will work if the contamination is below the backing too

..L.T.A.

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
I've had very good luck with Pro's Choice OSR but no matter how hot or for how long I stir... the stuff never completely disolves. I've started looking for other manufactures products. I just received a sample of the SS juice and some of that miracle powder from that new guy on the board.

Bill

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUFTS5MmLyom]
m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WikJCea6afEm]
m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azPEWQkBJ4Ym]
m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12ANvdcBaqkm]
m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Byr29APyN3gm]

veteran

I've been in the Carpet Cleaning business in Indianapolis for 15 years through it all I use a Bio modifier to treat urine covering the area

with the product seal the area with plastic so the bacteria cant dry up 48 hours later remove cover and live bac will biodegrade,,,

injections with live bactirea work well also

fishers carpet cleaning

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
The specific solution depends on variables including the client's budget, the time frame to finish the job, how severe the urine deposits are and more. For most cases, I prefer PetZONE in very hot water, about 30 minutes dwell time, rinse and extract. Hydrocide or Hydrocide Xtreme can be the finishing touch if needed.

PetZONE disolves better than competing products and only requires 6 ounces instead of the 8 ounces that some require. The result is less likely to be white powdery residue.

supersoaker

Name
Michael Malandruccolo
Scott W said:
The specific solution depends on variables including the client's budget, the time frame to finish the job, how severe the urine deposits are and more. For most cases, I prefer PetZONE in very hot water, about 30 minutes dwell time, rinse and extract. Hydrocide or Hydrocide Xtreme can be the finishing touch if needed.

PetZONE disolves better than competing products and only requires 6 ounces instead of the 8 ounces that some require. The result is less likely to be white powdery residue.

Scott,

Sorry to hijack Ron but I think you are doing fine with what you're doing. Like the Dos Equis commercial says "speed is not a virtue". I find it to be true with pet odor removal. I do the same process as "meat" but with Hydracide. It may be the product you're looking for.

I've been using Hydrocide Xtreme exclusively for the minor pet odor situations I do. Is it not meant for that? I've been having great success mixing it at 16oz per gallon for dogs. Cat piss can sometimes take another treatment. I just wish it wasn't so damn expensive. I try to catch it on sale and it's still pricey, but it saves me time.

I've personally gotten sick of using the percarb/foaming products as a lot of the times, except nylon on occasion the spot is going to rinse out anyways and if it doesn't I'll just hit it with some 40 volume. I like to be able to put the product in my multi sprayer and remove the lancet and apply it that way. I find the foaming products to take too long to mix and settle down. I've used Cobb's, Osr and Petzone and found that Osr took the least amount of time to "settle down".

I turned down some pet odor work today as it was ( "allfckingover the joint") like Larry stated. Ha ha, nice one.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom