urine in couch cushion

wired

What would best way to get this out. you could take the fabric off the cushion. Thought about spraying it real good with OSR letting it dry then spraying it with Maxim advanced carpet protector to seal it.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
if you know where the problem area is i would inject it with some quat or similar product. i have done it a few time in the past and it seems to work great.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Wired it would help everyone here if they knew your real name and other info that you should put in your profile.

wired

All the info was there I do not no what happened to it. My name is steve from the bay area . I have a 2007 Butler, had a 98 and 86 .They really have not changed that much great truck. The woman bought the couch used and asked me to clean it and the rest of her house. She did not know it had urine in it because the couch is a dark green . I took the smaller cushions and washed them with hot water and a little bleach came out great. I have four big cushions I can not put it washer. now I am thinking about spraying them with hot water and a little bleach to kill the smell then put a air mover to dry. This is just the cushions not the fabric which I took off. Thanks

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
here is a trick that has save us a lot of hassel.... get an injection needle or injection sprayer from your supplier and your favorite deoderizer. inject in several areas around the cushion. topicallly apply the product to the fabric as well. Take a large trashbag big enought to fit around the cushion. With your truckmount or a shopvac even..take the hose and stick it into the cushion. If you can unzip the cushion just enough to stick the hose directly to the cushion this works even better. make a seal with the trash bag around the cushion and your hose. Now watch as all the air is evacuated and you turn a 2 foot by 4 foot by 10inch cushion into the size of a binder. This will force the deoderizer throughout the entire cushion and help extract it through along with the decontaminate. After a few minutes release the cushion and help it dry with some fans. Use a water claw or UPH tool if it has not dried completey.

wired

Thanks for all your help guys. Sprayed cushions with OSR this morning put in garage Went off to do 2 houses came back put them in drier for 45 minutes each came out perfect. The cushion was a little big but I played with it so it fit in the drier worked out good.

DRScrivner

sweendogg said:
make a seal with the trash bag around the cushion and your hose. Now watch as all the air is evacuated and you turn a 2 foot by 4 foot by 10inch cushion into the size of a binder.
I used to sell a lot of Rainbow water filtered vacuum cleaners doing this little trick, back in the day.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Ahhh the days of the rainbow.. you hear they are trying to remarket those under a new name. Yet another infomercial to dazzle the late night insomniacs. Hey Del.. how has your laptop been working out.. Haven't gotton an update yet.

DRScrivner

Yeah the H20 Vac, different design, maybe even better they had a few weaknesses.

The reason I actually quit selling Rainbows was the "value builders" were complete GARBAGE. This was a LONG time before I even ever thought about being a carpet cleaner.

But their carpet cleaning wand attachment was a POS. I had more custys call me back and complain that after they loaded up their carpets with that lovely Rainbow soap (I didn't know any better so no bow and arrows please) the wand wouldn't flush it out.

I'd go get the wand take it to my Area Manager and he would take it apart in about 8 seconds and replace some springs. I'd take it back and it would break before I could get out the door. Rainbow could care less they alrady had their $1650 (over 10 years ago).

I used to use mine when I first started cleaning carpets until I started cleaning houses with ALOT of pet hair, what a PITA to empty the Rainbow then, scooping that wet mess out by hand- ewwww.

The laptop is working very well, MUCH easier then a full size laptop. I don't have the wirless set up done yet as my 03 Dodge Quad cab has been in the shop for like 3 weeks now and probably another 2 weeks before my mechanic and warranty company hash it out.

Back
Top Bottom