Urine inspection

Lets hear your system..............

I stopped the light inspection due to the time and all custys want is something you spray on and it goes away !!

Do you charge for a good inspection with a light ?

tim

We do not charge for urne inspection. The money made on urine can be exremely good. We first identify the urine with our blacklight, then determine severity with a moisture probe. If it triggers my moisture probe, we recommend pet remediation.

I designed a trifold, glossy brochure which we hand to the customer that explains why it will take more than carpet cleaning to remove the urine and give her an estimate on the treatment based on how many gallons will be needed.

We then mix hydrocide, quatalot, dd12 and OSR in HOT water, pour into the affected areas, move around with a wand, step on the affected area to work in thoroughly, let dwell 30 to 45 minutes, extract with water claw, collect the $$$

G

Chris Muetterties said:
Lets hear your system..............

I stopped the light inspection due to the time and all custys want is something you spray on and it goes away !!

Do you charge for a good inspection with a light ?
Maybe a prayer will work :roll: I want this guy doing my urine work :roll: Just get on your knees(you are used to it Im sure)and smell

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Light and moisture probe are a must. And procedure is very similar to tim's. I don't get so crazy with all the mixing. (but I bet it works for him.) Seems like Urine customers make up over 50 % of our customer base. Even with the rugs.

Maybe a prayer will work I want this guy doing my urine work Just get on your knees(you are used to it Im sure)and smell

As always 20 years exp and no help. Kevin I got a 50.00 job in Elk Grove can you sub it for 22. 00?

Cameron1

tim said:
We do not charge for urne inspection. The money made on urine can be exremely good. We first identify the urine with our blacklight, then determine severity with a moisture probe. If it triggers my moisture probe, we recommend pet remediation.

I designed a trifold, glossy brochure which we hand to the customer that explains why it will take more than carpet cleaning to remove the urine and give her an estimate on the treatment based on how many gallons will be needed.

We then mix hydrocide, quatalot, dd12 and OSR in HOT water, pour into the affected areas, move around with a wand, step on the affected area to work in thoroughly, let dwell 30 to 45 minutes, extract with water claw, collect the $$$

Tim.....what's your thinking on each product and the combination. Just curious as to how you stumbled on that mixture. Also, what are the ratios

Steve

What about you guys. Do you charge a fee ? I get to lots of places that are way beyond cleaning and they want me to write a report so they can go after the tenants in court.

Cameron1

Chris Muetterties said:
Steve

What about you guys. Do you charge a fee ? I get to lots of places that are way beyond cleaning and they want me to write a report so they can go after the tenants in court.

No fee..........part of the pony show, but we are dealing with the homeowner.

I would certainly charge a fee in your case. You can offer to apply it towards the charges if they clean. You have got to be paid for your time.

harryhides

Name
Tony
$200 to do a report which will include:

pH Testing and results
Inspection with UV Light and photos of contaminated areas - face fibers, carpet backing, underpad and sub-floor.
Charge does not include any furniture moving that may be needed or travel charges.

Reminder - these are reliable tests for urine but do not to identify the source or age of the urine.

Here is some useful info for the "just spray some stuff to make it go away" kind of customer.

Pet and Stain & odour Information:
Small dogs urinate twice a day about 2oz each time = 28 ounces per week = 1 gallon per month
Medium dogs urinate twice a day about 4 oz each time = 56 ounces/week = 2.0 gallons/month
Large dogs urinate twice a day about 8 oz each time = 112 ounces/week = 4.0 gallons/month

tim

I charge $40 a gallon plus cleaning charge. I use these products because each work differently and on different odors. OSR has oxidizers, quats in quatalot are effective but doesnt always do it on its own, hydracide is a pairing agent and works differently than the other 2, DD12 is really a masking agent that helps knock down the odor generated by all the moisture and heat added to the urine until the cocktail has a chance to work.

Quantity is 8 ounces of hydracide per gallon, 8 ounces of OSR per gallon, 1 ounce of Quatalot per gallon and 1 ounce of DD12 per gallon. It works extemely well. I continued to add the products to OSR in different quantities and combinations until I came up with this and it works very well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom