Urine on wool rug.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
A simple pit for immersion cleaning is not too hard to build. I would consider that.

I you only want the options and chems listed, I would flush with lots of water. Remove as much urine as possible and then apply the Odorcide.

Scott Warrington

GRHeacock

Scott is right, as usual.

My product preference for urine is Bac-Out digester.

Whatever you use, work on the rug back first. That is where the deposit is the most, and working from the front, the urine removal product you use must go through all of the top before it reaches the back.

And some rugs are simply not worth dealing with, depending on their value.

So... using what you have- I suggest first cleaning the back as well as you can. Then apply your product to the deposits in the back.

Let dwell for an hour or so- longer if possible, and consider rolling it up wet, and leaving for 24 hours, then re-clean the back, then do the same to the front.

And whatever product you use, pass the cost along to the customer, and list separately like- "2 gallons Odorcide @ $30.00 per gallon" or whatever, plus the regular cleaning fee you charge.

What about the floor the rug sits on? Wood? Carpet? I bet it is soaked, too, and must be dealt with in order to remove the odor.

Gary

Name
I'm Rick James
You can make your own makeshift wash pit. Get you 50 ft vac hose for the border and get a big high quality plastic sheet or garbage bag depending on the size of the rug. The inside of a wool fiber is sponge like and absorbs the urine right up and is hard to get rid of the rug of urine.

Good luck.

:mrgreen:

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I was watching Randy Hyde the other day at his shop.

I did a nasty rug right in the customers driveway. put the rug on the slope and filled it full of water from the garden hose and flipped the carpet rack over and used it like a squeege and pushed the water out of the rug. Flushed it several times like this

Sprayed the crap out of it then extracted both sides and then put fans to blow underneath the rug while it flapped in the sun. Worked just fine

Luis Gomez

Name
Luis Gomez
Do not use CTI's OSR on wool, Magic Wand sell one that is formulated for wool and it will not damage the fibers. Make your own pit and flush, flush, flush an let it sit overnight in the odorcide, or better yet get some Quat-o-lot (less money).

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Same as Steve. The driveway may actually be better for urine then a pit due to the rinse is always fresh.

Albert

Name
I'm Rick James
If you are able to clean at your own shop or house do that. I am not a big fan of the driveway method, not very professional IMO. The custy pays you big bucks to clean these rugs and the last thing I think they would want to see is you get deodorizer and whatever else you are using all over their driveway.

:mrgreen:

GRHeacock

While the driveway method may be OK in some areas, in others it may not be OK because of the runoff.

If the runoff goes into a storm drain, it may go to a local watershed, and be a pollutant, and if someone turns you in in this case, you might be in line for a very big fine.

In other areas, there might be restrictions or covenants that will not allow work to be performed in a driveway.

It would be much better to do at your own place or take to a local rug cleaning plant.

Gary

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I want to take a fine rug class. Every time I get a piss soaked wool rug it's always a bleeder too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom