urine removl on metal bathroom partitions

Cody G

Name
Cody Gibson
I have 10 commercial bathrooms to clean in the near future. What should I use to remove urine rsedue on metal partitions between urinals. I have t&g chems and some trashed green. Also the management wants advice on what to use for daily maintenance.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
A lot of times the urine being acid will eat through the paint down to the metal and even cause rust.

If they want them almost perfect they might have to sand and repaint those panels.

Then maybe put a plexi glass screwed to the panels to protect and replace those occasionally.

Clean up for now... Some type of Acidic cleaner maybe even enzyme... But nothing perfect Even for hard surfaces

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Cody, for the near term, spray flush and scrub with vinegar and then Saiger’s Cide. It will control the urine smell marvelously. Don’t neglect the fixtures and floors, either or the heavy residues will still stink.

If it comes to refinishing the rusted panels, you have to flush, sand and then use phosphoric acid based rust remover like Naval Jelly or a converter like Stop to chemically alter the rust to an inert compound. Paint with a rust inhibiting primer, then a chemical-resistant industrial enamel. I have used automobile paint but the set up, masking and ventilation is a frigging pain unless you take the panels to your shop.

For maintenance, have them use a spin mop from Walmart and neutral cleaner, with a slug of Saiger’s Cide. There is no better, cheaper and faster combo.
Good luck!

Reactions: Mark Saiger

steve_64

This is a new product we are trying and it looks like it will be replacing 3 other products we use. So far the stuff is very impressive.
20180611_090243.jpg

Reactions: Old Coastie

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom