Urine Urine everywhere

americlean

How would you...

Customer has a little dog that pees all over the living room. The dog is so small it doesn't really show on the carpet but when you get down on all fours you can smell urine all over the whole room.

On specific urine spots we rinse, claw etc.

How would you treat the whole room and what products would you use?

Able 1

Name
Keith
Rip out the carpet, seal the floor, put in new carpet for them to piddle on... seriously, somtimes there is nothing you can do.

I had a custy like that in my first year that said "I know you won't be able to get it all out but do your best"... never again! :x She had legs of furniture stuck to the floor because of the urine... :shock:

One thing that blew my mind was she said "he's a good cat he just pees everywhere" The only thing that I would measure a cat by is that it dosen't pee everywhere... :roll:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
it won't matter

cause you're peeing the wind anyway (pun intended)

the little doggie is a habitual offender if it's "everywhere"
(regardless of what Mrs Phiff says)

so you take a "shotgun" approach and spray some deo/sanitizer pre-spray and clean.
Address the stains, but to try and "really" address the urine in the backing and pad is futile.

cause the doggie will be right back at it before the carpet dries

..L.T.A.

G

Spray down a heavy layer of OSR/PETZONE let dwell a few,then extract and put down what ever deodorizer you use. Call it a toplcal treatment :D

Ernie G

I agree with Larry&Kevin Pet Urine Management Program- Thats really all you can do. Explain to client what your doing and why.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
same as Byran
Mix up strong quatalot in hydroforce, soak it into the carpet, give it lots of dwell time. 30min+
Then pretreat and rinse.
The dwell time is the key. I used this method on a dining room where the painter's eyes were watering from the urine. Not a hint of odour when I was there about a month later.
Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

If it doesn't work, it hasn't cost relatively that much because the next step is remove and replace.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
You could....... flood it, add some of your favorite quat or whatever and water claw.. if she doesn't like the job, she could turn it over to insurance... yeah a pipe broke.. thats what happen. :twisted:

:lol: Warning: Please do not attempt this at home! These are trained proffessionals with years of experience!

First locate the areas which the are not afected by urine.

Then pee accordingly until uniformity is accomplished.

americlean

Craig Lindquist said:
First locate the areas which the are not afected by urine.

Then pee accordingly until uniformity is accomplished.

I like this method, I usually drink alot of coffee so shouldnt be a problem.

Name
I'm Rick James
The dog will just back to peeing in the areas you cleaned after you leave. Set up a program so you can head out there every few months. Or she can actually train her dog....

R

R W

meAt said:
it won't matter

cause you're peeing the wind anyway (pun intended)

the little doggie is a habitual offender if it's "everywhere"
(regardless of what Mrs Phiff says)

so you take a "shotgun" approach and spray some deo/sanitizer pre-spray and clean.
Address the stains, but to try and "really" address the urine in the backing and pad is futile.

cause the doggie will be right back at it before the carpet dries

..L.T.A.

Now, Larry....wouldn't you pre-treat with maybe .....a .45 or a 9 mil first, then clean and deodorize the carpet?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
R W said:
Now, Larry....wouldn't you pre-treat with maybe .....a .45 or a 9 mil first, then clean and deodorize the carpet?

nah, blood cleanup is a one time deal, RW
LIVE pee hounds are far more valuable long term... :wink:

actually, i have several custys with pee-mutts
They know they're habitual offenders and live with if for what ever reason.
(not my home, so i don't care)

I just tell them,

"keep loving your little doggie and we'll keep doing the best we can"

true story, a new custy we gained shortly after I started in biz once told me about her previous CCer.
(who was actually a hi-end quality CCer)
The lady had some fido pee probs, and the idiot made a statement to her,

"I'd kill the dog"

stoopit, stoopit, stoopit.
cause that was the last time they ever cleaned for that lady

I might "think" that sometimes, but I was never so ignorant to actually SAY that to a pet owner.. :roll:

..L.T.A.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Jon;

Check for main stain locations with a strong UV light.

For the stains, we think you will get the best results with a combination of:

1. Oxidizer to remove color and degrade odor-causing material

2. Actual oxidizer-stable enzyme to immediately break down urine deposits.

Our product is called Dynachem Odor Attack.

It is mixed with hot water and sprayed on til wet.

Extract with 17" hg.

Larry

steve r

damn you guys are harsh lol. i have quite a few customers like this. they understand the problem and know there is only so much we can do.they just want it better not perfect.

use whatever you have and prespray the area good and let it dwell then clean as normal.add a fragrance if you can.

they live in filth and they know it so be polite about it and charge accordingly.

Chris A

Name
Chris
meAt said:
true story, a new custy we gained shortly after I started in biz once told me about her previous CCer.
(who was actually a hi-end quality CCer)
The lady had some fido pee probs, and the idiot made a statement to her,

"I'd kill the dog"

stoopit, stoopit, stoopit.
cause that was the last time they ever cleaned for that lady

I might "think" that sometimes, but I was never so ignorant to actually SAY that to a pet owner.. :roll:

..L.T.A.

I think that was my Dad who said that!!!

I hope your shirt was tucked in when bent over to smell the carpet. A UV light is an inexpensive upgrade and looks so much more professional.

With a small dog and regular cleans a dropping the PH prior to applying a topical enzyme overspray could controll enough not to offend others.

Use a fiber rinse type chemical as your rinse would help reduce the PH.

Remember that what you smell is NOT urine but the dead and dyine bacteria living off the urine. The more odor the more urine and or bacteria.

GL...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom