US Products Solus 500...again...

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
US Products sent me a new motor under warranty...those punks...they first said it was over the year warranty by 5 days but they announced not too long ago their warranty went from 1 to 2 years I believe??.....They tried to act like they were doing me a favor and replacing it under warranty...but hesitated....

So dad replaced it today....The gauge used to be way tempermental...not always going back down to zero and flucuated alot...replaced unloader and all that...worked about 50% of the time maybe...

Replaced pump...ran 2-3 gallons water through it with just the pump going...worked awesome...Was going up to 500 psi dead on...before it was only going 400-450..

Turned the vacuum on it to clean a rug and after about 2 seconds it locked in at 500 and started going down to 300-400....Was tempermental againn!!......Tunred the vacuum off and ran with just pump...it was working fine...going back down to zero....The heat seemed to be kicking out alot better too!!!!.....

US Products...gag me with a freakin spoon...

Anybody got anything??...Any way running the vacuum can effect the pressure gauge???...

Thanks all..
God Bless

Name
John LaBarbera
Is the pump a permanent magnet motor, it would be about 3 1/2 " diameter. If so, could your problem be the electronic motor controller? If it is, that could be a warranty problem also.

Greenie

and you thought only truckmounts had electronics and finicky computers. :shock:

I'll never forget the first time I opened up a US Prod. machine and saw a CIRCUIT BOARD......wtf?

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
Yes i believe it is a magnet motor, John.

I have had quite a few issues with this rig!!

The two cords are one for heater and recirculator for solution tank heat and the other cord is for the two vacuums and the motor/pump. They have to be on sepearte circuits otherwise the heat switch has to be turned on. Had them on two seperate circuits.

Greenie is right friggin on. The wires are like a freakin jungle!!

R

rotovacguy

I haven't heard too many happy customers with ANYTHING from US Products.

All of their extractors are big, way too heavy, expensive, and very underpowered. I'm not too familiar with their stuff, but I think your solus 500 is the only thing they make with 2 separate vacuum motors, everything else has just a single 3 stage motor in it. For the price they charge, you should get a whole lot more power and convenience, and certainly no problems like what you're having.

When I was looking for a porty several years ago, I couldn't believe how much they charge....you could get a really nice used TM!

G

Thats is correct; that is why most great porties are simple in design; all that electronic stuff belongs in radio's. Buy A Recoil or the New Mytee.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom