Used a Steamin Demon this evening,

John Watson

First time, One of my daughters commercial accts has a lot of long hallways. It has previously been done with a drag type portable that streaked, left it wet and looked bad after it was done. They used a so called green shampoo that required them to buy a case of defoamer to 3 cases of the shampoo.. We have encaped it a couple times, yes it looked better but on a scale 1-10 it was still a 6 from a 3. So this was why we decided to flush it out. A truck mount was not allowed due to late evening and noise prohabitions. I was lucky to barrow this Steamin Deamon from a friend to try it before we buy and see if it will fit into my daughters commercial cleaning arsenal.

We needed 150' (3 hose sections) for the hook up. very simple and straight forward. The switch for the auto defoamer was inopperable, owie owie.

We were only able to make 7-8 foot pulls because of the excess foam. We used no cleaning agent except what was left in the carpet from previous cleanings.
Still lots of foam that would slow the auto pumpout down and over flow if we went to longer strokes.

It took 3 hrs to do 2100 sq ft, looked like a #10 job that 1/3 was dry as we went out the door.

Those of you that have use the SD have any pointers or snippets of feedback for us??

I've found the defoamer option to be about useless. I've gone to powdered defoamer.

The great thing is, once you've flushed with the Demon, the next time should be easier.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I agree with Phillip on using powdered defoamer.

That good flush should allow you to return to encap and keep getting 8, 9 or 10 results.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
John Watson said:
It took 3 hrs to do 2100 sq ft, looked like a #10 job that 1/3 was dry as we went out the door.

Those of you that have use the SD have any pointers or snippets of feedback for us??

I never used a SD but built my business in the 70s using the Vac11 which the SD copied. It hooked up to the customers faucet (which put the psi all over the map) and had 2 2 stage lamb vacs on a fiberglass drag tool, 7 jet spray bar, teel pump sending dirty water to the sink or toilet. There was no tolerance for foam in the carpet which was a drag (no pun intended) as this was when steam cleaning first displaced shampooing in the market, and carpets were full of hi foam shampoo which would just bog these vac11s down instantly. Anyways, I found it best to spray with a defoaming agent, and the best one I have found, which still works with my TM neutralizing, say a laundry detergent spill, is Chemeister's Rinse Master. You have to say it in your deepest Darth Vader voice: "Yes Rinse Master."

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
John Downey uses this exclusively in his high end carpet cleaning business in Granville, OH. His brother is the gentleman who builds the SD.

John is a great guy and could answer any questions you may have.

http://www.johndowneyco.com/

They have a 20" dual discharge pump model where you can run up to 600' (I believe) of discharge hose.

I've been pretty darn impressed with the SD myself and yes they make glides for them. Lisa can hook you up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom