Using a truckmount for hardwood floor sanding?

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Any ideas on what I can put before the dust hits the wastetank.

There are some barrel type of seperators that will collect most of the dust but there is still abit left.

Maybe a dust downer after the seperator??.

Are there any duct cleaning conversion kits for truckmounts?.

What happens if a bit of fine dust gets into the blower...would i be posting a "help, my blower took a crap" thread soon after? :cry:

thanks,
Albert

leesenter

Yes there are setups but we decided to pass on it. We decided to go with a separate canister.
You can mount a separator between the blower and the hose.
There are trailer set ups for dustless sanding at Bona. We have the DCS system and we are one of the highest priced sanders in town and we are busy too.
I believe Ted Harding has a piece for such a set up in a TM. He ships to the USA.
Call him at 416-429-0401.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Thanks, I just got back from the Bona training. The dcs trailer is where i started thinking into incorporating the tm. I'll give a call on Monday.

What is it that got you to go the trailer route vs adding a seperator?. Is resanding a big part of your business?.

thanks again,
Albert

A

amazingcleansc

So what does the actual sanding on the floor? A belt sander? and you suck it up with your TM? What kind of equipment do you use to involve your TM with sanding? Do you just have an enormous inline filter?

leesenter

No we skipped the trailer and just bought the drum sander, edger and portable DCS. We stuck with Bona for the name and the brochures.We have been sanding for years. Before we used to add a Centaur reversible HEPA vac to a Clarke sander. It doesn't work as well because it doesn't have the shrouds that Bona does. We also have a Woodpecker rotary from Centaur.
This side of the business was always top heavy in August/September and fairly quiet the rest of the year.
Now with dustless sanding we have been pretty steady right through the winter.
I am so pleased that we have spun off another division to work at it full time.
We have a new, separate website for it at www.dustlessrefinishing.ca. We still include it at our carpet cleaning website also.
The site is still fairly new and needs work. We had a video made for sandless refinishing and they screwed it up pretty bad.
We are now adding marble refinishing with jungle pads.
I have stopped teaching and travelling for the next 6 weeks to work on my business (for a change). Maybe I will finally get this site finished.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom