Using Drop Cloths

RickL

I know probably most people on this board use drop cloths or some other form of protection on wood or stone floors they have to cross, But I wanted to share a couple of recent experiences in case some aren't or might think about taking a shortcut someday.

1. On a recent Marble Polishing Job the lady pointed out where her Carpet Cleaner had walked on her Marble foyer and left dull foot prints (very slight) on her Marble floor.
she didn't do anything as she had been thinking about having it polished anyway. But the guy used no protective covering and he'd of been working for a while to pay for that.
If I had to guess I'd say he used an acid rinse and it slightly dulled the marble.

2. My friend had a job where a tech from a CC company cleaned a rug on a marble floor after the lady picked up the rug and it was yellowish under it. She blamed the CC'er which my buddy told her he didn't think that was the problem the rug hadn't been touched in several years. And he thought it was pre existing. Anyway the CC company paid the bill

3. I was doing a bunch of stone and t&G work in a house and i wear booties so i don't walk from one area to another and contaminate . I came out of the T&G after doing a Acid clean and absentmindedly put the booties in my pocket (just to get them out of the way and just the ends so they were hanging out) anyway I forgot em until I felt a burning on my leg got home and had a huge red mark the size of a baseball. BTW I had wiped them on the drop cloth when i came out of the room.

Hope this saves someone some problems

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom