using high flo 4 I.D muffler for #5 blower

Rex Tyus

AshleyMckendree said:
Would a straight through 4 I.D high flo muffler be TOO LOUD?

Depends on what "too loud" means to you. I like the looks of it though. I have often thought a longer muffler with an adequate i.d. would do as well or better than a short choked down silencer. Only speculation though. It is another thing I have thought but not tried.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
gasaxe said:
http://www.afabcorp.com/AFCO_Dynatech_USbrake/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=Dynatech&Category_Code=vortex_conesonly

these can help take the edge off of the exhaust note... place as close to the blower as possible.

Thanks Brian!

lance

You don't need a muffler for the blower. Call Les Jones and talk to him about the resonator he uses for their blowers. There was one at M fest and there was no noise coming from the blower exhaust.

Once you muffle the engine exhaust and then the blower exhaust, all you have left is blower noise and vibration noise. Look at the new Vortex....it was loud until they enclosed the blower.

If you want to know about blowers and such, talk to Vlad at Aerotech.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Ashley;

The muffler in your picture is too short for effective silencing.

This is the minimum length that we have found to be effective on a #5:
3silencer.jpg

Larry

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
Larry, what is the actual measurement of the shell of that silencer without the inlet and outlet. I was going to order one but want to make sure it will fit.

Greenie

On the Dyno cones:

Typically good for a 1-3 reduction in dB.

That is not very much.

Lance is correct, Les's new silencer is pretty impressive for a short fat package.

Walt

I would be curious to know exactly what PowerClean is using on the dxt. There is little to no blower noise coming out of the exhaust. I wonder if they worked with Les or figured it out for themselves.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom