Using Super Grout Additive to fix a Sink to CounterTop Joint

Mikey P

Administrator
20190709_122947-COLLAGE.jpg

Doug Rice

Supportive Member
That looks like it's going to continue downward. Have they been sitting on the sink? Is the sink sitting on the cabinet frame?

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
I was going to regrout a cast iron kitchen sink to granite counter top with SGA today, but got hung up trying to skim-coat a shower floor. Couldn't get SGA grout to bond well to this non-sanded grout. Would suspect soap scum is preventing the bond, but used Soap Scum Magic and Acid Restorer on different areas, then ground grout down with oscillating tool with diamond blade. Used SGA successfully on a tub enclosure with presumably the same grout at the same location.

Reactions: Mikey P

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
I was going to regrout a cast iron kitchen sink to granite counter top with SGA today, but got hung up trying to skim-coat a shower floor. Couldn't get SGA grout to bond well to this non-sanded grout. Would suspect soap scum is preventing the bond, but used Soap Scum Magic and Acid Restorer on different areas, then ground grout down with oscillating tool with diamond blade. Used SGA successfully on a tub enclosure with presumably the same grout at the same location.

In another thread Mike said Jason is no longer on the board, but responds to phone calls. Anyone have his number? I need to know why SGA didn't stick. Jason posted grout must be clean to skim-coat and sometimes an acid etch is needed. Which acid? I used Prochem Acid Restorer. Do I need to remove the SGA that did stick?

Much obliged.

Mikey P

Administrator
In another thread Mike said Jason is no longer on the board, but responds to phone calls. Anyone have his number? I need to know why SGA didn't stick. Jason posted grout must be clean to skim-coat and sometimes an acid etch is needed. Which acid? I used Prochem Acid Restorer. Do I need to remove the SGA that did stick?

Much obliged.

Pretty sure his phone number is on the package or the super grout additive website ..shouldn't be hard to find

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny

Much obliged.
Pretty sure his phone number is on the package or the super grout additive website ..shouldn't be hard to find
Number not on 30 oz. kit labels. Web search directs to series of YouTube vids. Don't see number on the many vids I played.

Reactions: Wandslinger

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom