Using way to much juice

Cameron1

What is the best method to regulate juice usage with multi crews? We put gallon jugs on the trucks, but it always seems like way too much is used. We have measuring cups ,and charts to go by, but nothing seems to work. It gets better when I pressure the guys, but when I back off the usage goes back up.

TimP

Buy some extra hydroforce jugs or what not or maybe some 5 gallon buckets with a dispensor for the hydroforce. Pre-mix them and let them fill their hydroforce/inline sprayer with the pre mix.

hogjowl

Idiot™
If you'd stop spending $13,000 a year with Joe, you might be able to afford to purchase the necessary chemicals.

And ... TCS ain't the cheapest place on earth, ya know?

Rex Tyus

If you use a hf make up extra jugs in advance like TimP suggest. If battery sprayer of pump up do the same with a 5 gal jug or 15 gal drum what ever your volume dictates and there you go. It may also greatly improve production times. There are some specialty products you can't premix but I would try to find an effective prespray that doesn't need loads of SP to perform well.

If you use liquids the HF is easy. The bottom ring around the jug is one quart. Mix accordingly. I doubt they want to be wasteful, it just isn't convenient to do the right thing and be conservative. Many don't know there is a 1 quart line on the 5 qt HF jug.

Cameron1

Martin..............any suggestions

Rex................. thanks

Oggie.................who says it a little

Pmatte

Name
Patrick Matte
If they want to continue to waste juice ,let them pay for it.... out of their bonus,incentive pay,whatever you call it. Another way to look at is this:each crew has x amount of jobs scheduled,if these are repeat clients,you should all of the square footage recorded.You should also know the amount of coverage you should get per rtu hf...you get the picture.

If they don't want to be baby sat,then they shouldn't act like one. They're adults,they can start acting like it.
Patrick

Rex Tyus

Pmatte said:
If they want to continue to waste juice ,let them pay for it.... out of their bonus,incentive pay,whatever you call it. Another way to look at is this:each crew has x amount of jobs scheduled,if these are repeat clients,you should all of the square footage recorded.You should also know the amount of coverage you should get per rtu hf...you get the picture.

If they don't want to be baby sat,then they shouldn't act like one. They're adults,they can start acting like it.
Patrick

If you do things like that your guys will resent you. They may also use too little product and greatly impact quality. This would be much more costly than some excess juice. Just my opinion.

Farenheit251

They use more juice because they realize it cleans better with less effort. Find a good quality powder and buy in bulk. I like cobbs powermax and at $1 a cup I can be as wasteful as I want.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Knowing you, I suspect you may have already taken action on my first suggestion, but I'd talk to Mike, privately, and see if he can't help you with your chemical purcase prices. If you're purchasing all you chems there, then surely he can give you a break on the costs. ESPECIALLY if you're buying his private labeled Harvard products. Since Bruce came on board, Mike's prices have gone through the roof.

And, I have seen other cleaners, those who run crews, post that they put a five, or 10 gallon tank of premixed prespray on their trucks and have their crews draw from that. Might need to take the concentrate off the truck.

hogjowl

Idiot™
You'd have to also factor in the shipping costs of using that Cobb's stuff. Steve lives in Atlanta. Purchasing local is usually better. ESPECALLY when doing it from the mfg. of you equipment.

Greenie

It's 3% right?

Chems are cheap labor is Expensive. talk to your guys and get to the bottom of it, I suspect Brian is right and they are jsut trying to cut their time by soaking em' down before they steam em'.

Mikey P

Administrator
Honest question.

Does Joe go over business operations and cover stuff like this or is his stuff strictly on marketing.

I imagine Howard has this type of question already answered.

Not that I'm a HP fan.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Theoretically, you may cut your chemical costs by prescrubbing, Les, but I doubt it. I suspect the techs will still mix it the same and apply it the same. AND, prescrubbing adds time to the equation and your labor costs increase may well off-set any chemical savings gained.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
admiralclean said:
You'd have to also factor in the shipping costs of using that Cobb's stuff. Steve lives in Atlanta. Purchasing local is usually better. ESPECALLY when doing it from the mfg. of you equipment.

Cobb's offers free shipping on his mikeysboard special about every other month. I don't think you can get a better combination of price and quality.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Does he offer free shipping on the same products every 3 months, or so? Is it always on his presprays?

Is it realistic to think Steve could plan his chemical purchases around Larry's free shipping offers?

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Larry would be better to answer but I have noticed the powermax on special about every 2 or 3 months and I buy it at that time. Of course I have no way of knowing if Larry will continue doing that.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Hey now just because you have a vortex now doesn't mean that you have to turn into one of those pompous,nose in the air, I'm better than you Kalifornia jackasses. :evil:

Just because the address in my profile says florida, don't forget I'm actually in Lower Alabama and you probably have the only vortex in Alabama. :twisted:

John Watson

When I had multiple cleaning trucks (7) back in Alaska, My guy incharge of our chemical room had everything ready in ready to use portions just add water, except for our TLC which they carried in pre mixed 5 gal jugs. everything was measured before it was checked out in the begining of the shift and every thing was turned in at the end of the shift. All solutions mixed or not, the truck had nothing not even a spotting kit. A full day of supplies were checked out the next shift. all spotters were full, premeasured portions of protector, dry slurry ect. We were running day and night shifts. each truck and chemical use was compared to sq footage , time on job and amount of money collected. To keep our cost down we normaly ordered in bulk 2 times a year. When we started keeping a log on this and had someone responcible for the juice room, our chemical use was cut in half.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Easy just do it the SS way.
Their crews know nothing about chemicals.
Mix up the solutions and give it to them.

Run emulsifier thru your systems as the DO ALL cleaner.

The Preacher

why not have them use the concentrate to mix the RTU at the shop, that way you know if they're doing it right and using the proper amount.

Name
Jesse
Pre-spray and liquid oxidizer our are 2 main consumables. The best way for me to keep pre-spray under control has been using sports bottles pre-filled to a certain level.
When the HF is empty they just dump in 1 bottle and add water. I don't like pre-mixing it because it begins to take up to much space if you need a lot. Some days a van might use only three 5quart jugs, other days might be 7 more.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Joey & Marty;

We offer Free Freight every day...

1. On a 35 gal. minimum order.
Powder or liquids.

2. Any size order for protectors

If I was on the truck, I would use sufficient cleaner to get the job done in a timely manner.

That should enable the company to earn more.

Larry

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Like Jimmy said, no concentrates.

Assign someone the duty.

Have them pre-mix pre-condition and detergent, into 5-gal containers. Supply him with printed dilution rates, gloves, splash shield and he is the mix master.

Your chem cost should be around 3-4% range.

If you're already there then focus on wasted labor, it the big killer.

If ok there, then look at wasted fuel.
8)

Cameron1

Mikey P said:
Honest question.

Does Joe go over business operations and cover stuff like this or is his stuff strictly on marketing.

I imagine Howard has this type of question already answered.

Not that I'm a HP fan.

Joe and Howard cover mainly Marketing and sales not much tech. stuff

Lots of good answers.............thanks all

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I say the mix-master idea is the best I've heard.

It would be a good way to come up with some other duties. One of the guys can be responsible for filling out a checklist every morning or every monday morning that lists the tire pressure, oil/fluid levels, appearance (washed or not) etc. etc.

I'm sure you can come up with as many special duties as you have employees, and I'm sure a lot of neglected duties will be taken care of.

It also might help the guys work on cooperation. "Hey steve, put me down for an oil change, it's getting close."

"Sure thing Joe-Bob, BTW, I'm low on nuke juice and we got a chinese buffet coming up."

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom