UV Light

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Fluorescence is simply a help in defining the scope of a contamination, it is not a qualitative analyzer insomuch as you can rely on it to differentiate between possible causes.
Old urine will generally fluoresce as a pale yellow, but can actually tend toward a dimmer bluish white for a fresher deposit. Many other bodily fluids might also exhibit coloring in these ranges, so it's difficult to wholly rely on it for differentiation. But other body fluids may a bit brighter blue/white.

Simply, you are going to suspect urine first, either by odor and/or staining, with evidence that a suspect animal was or is present to have caused it. The you use the UV light to help confirm the specific areas that are affected, and thus require treatment.

It is advisable that you use the yellow protection goggles/glasses to provide better contrasting, especially when you are using a low-wattage light or you are unable to darken the room as much as you would like. This helps eliminate blue light, accentuating the yellow more.

Last edited:

SamIam

Name
sam miller
That was funny Shawn. Ya just cause it illuminates doesn't mean it's urine. You gotta sniff it.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Many consumer cleaners/spotters/soaps will also fluoresce, especially any ones containing optical brighteners.

A moisture sensor will help rule some areas out by alerting to moisture being held in the residual urine salts..

I love my HydroShark for this.

Last edited:

realclean

Name
Jesse Lowe
Not to sure I will be putting my nose in that stuff.

I see several areas that glow, but I would bet its not pet pee.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Not to sure I will be putting my nose in that stuff.

I see several areas that glow, but I would bet its not pet pee.

If your not willing to sniff it, buy yourself a hydrosensor.. Then you will know for sure if it is piss.

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
We use a Hydro sensor for this reason as well. Love them! Really a huge moneymaker and helps us to guarantee complete removal of the smell

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
In reality, despite popular belief, I doubt much "Baby Batter" actually winds up on most residential carpet, assuming of course that most guys take proper planning and placement as serious as I do.

Reactions: Willy P

steve_64

not to many dime sized pee stains causing odor problems lol.

pillows are usually drool i assume.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom