UV lights and pee....

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
do they even work???

WEnt to interlink today to pick one up, as they had a few to choose from...

took them into the bathroom (i mean that is what we are looking for right??)

Had this little one, dunno maybe it was $20, worked ok, not to bad..

Had another one, $50ish range...POS :shock: :shock:
http://www.interlinksupply.com/index.ht ... ++++++++++

Another smallish one, the rechargeable about $120, worked pretty damn good

then of course the mutha of all lights $420, and really only worked slightly better then the $120 one

Point is, it had to be damned dark to see (can you ever get a room that dark, if it has windows??), for sure had to have the yellow googles on to see it...

So I go to this job today, nephew has pissed all over (dont ask), they have cleaned it up, but still a few areas that stink, they have it masked off, where the areas are...BUT

they have a theater room, no windows, so we make it pitch black. He points out some areas where he KNEW FOR SURE the kid pissed....NADDA, NOTHING, ZIP, maybe a trace on the wood work, nothing on the carpet.......He shows me some more areas, just barly a tinge......Come across another area that showed up....He had no idea what was there, didnt really stink, but we hit it anyway...

So I hear you can't get rid of the stain part that floreses, or can you, and did they????

My point is, what a pain in the ass......and if you dont have glasses how do you even begin to see it....cuz we couldnt with this one????

and is there really a true decent light for this???

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Cobbs has the best hi powered uv light. I use mine almost daily.

I don't always need to be in a dark room, but sure helps and it is much faster since the light is super intense/bright. We have the glasses but don't always use 'em, just don't stare into the light too much.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I have never been able to get an old spot to not florese after cleaning. I always figured the ones that said it wouldn't florese had something in it that covers it up so it doesn't glow under the light.

lust1kiddo

Supportive Member
I have never go them to work..i just use a moisture detector..peoples job in these stores is to sell you shit, so thats what they do. Many time I have been in suppliers stores and they dont know shit and if they have cleaned anything..it has been years. I watched the guy who taught my upholstery class make a complete ass out of himself trying to use one of those little spotting machines..he swore up and down it was great but even he had to say it was a pos after he tried it in front of us.

S

sam miller

I think nylon carpet shows better, and if its darker you see it better I use Kill odor plus, and before I use it the stain florese Yellowish tint after it dries with treatment it florese white! and its a permant UV stain talked to Todd Hinde about that last year.

I have noticed some carpets you dont see the damage I think the Yellow goggles are more for protection not to see stains.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
in my experience the goggles block the purple glow on the unstained carpet so the urine pops out at you. Or the whatevertheheckfloresesinthesehouseswithlittledogs pops out at you.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
if its a good light maybe???

cuz i went out back, and couldnt see shit (literally) with out the glasses...this was tonight

S

sam miller

I'll get my Goggles out and see! !dork! Iseeru !dork! Iseeru

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Pet urine (cats and dogs) is much more concentrated than human urine.

You said it was your nephew, I assume human. Human urine barely shows up in the restroom or on the carpet. But dogs and cats leave a much more detectable deposit.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
ohhhh not my nephew...

there would be some ass kickin going on if it was :x :x :x :x :x :x

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom