v belts last forever

G

if you want your belts to last you need to change them to the made made linked belt the red ones that wood workers use on the table saws i was blowing v belts every week i still have the belts i put on 5 years ago all you do is take a link out the cost more but they last a long time do a search segamenent belts red Link V-Belts called PowerTwist Plus go and see youll never buy a nother belt,

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Scott;

While they would work fine for driving a pump,

they lack the HP capability for hi-lift blower use.

And they are only compatible with Type "A" & "B" series belts.

Larry Cobb

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Thanks for the heads up, Campusman

and thanks for the link, Randy

this looks like as good a reason as any for their use;

"Other claimed benefits of using these belts include a tool-less link design, easy installation, and linked belts featuring the same cross-section as conventional endless link belts so no pulleys need to be changed etc"

If I understand that correctly, no reason to pull other belts or separate couplers to install a new belt.
Even if they don't last all that much longer, the savings in the PITA factor will be worth it to some of us

..L.T.A.

G

hey larry i disagree with you ive had these belts on my blower for 5 years ive had no problem

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Larry, I too would like to know what engine and blower combination you have. Also what vacumm level are you running at?

G

24 horse kawasaki roots blower vacum at 12 never never had a problem with these belts they are a v belt they come in a few different sizes all you have to do is take links out no extra work you will pay more but they will last longer than the junk belts i have them on my 68 chevelle i have a 427 big block shift at 7500 these belts are very strong i asked a rep at gates at the summer nationals drag racing and his comment shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh not a lot of common people know about them he said if all people knew there would be a big decline in sales and they would have to start making them . you guys keep buying the rubber betls you do the math.

Able 1

Name
Keith
campusman57 said:
24 horse kawasaki roots blower vacum at 12 never never had a problem with these belts they are a v belt they come in a few different sizes all you have to do is take links out no extra work you will pay more but they will last longer than the junk belts i have them on my 68 chevelle i have a 427 big block shift at 7500 these belts are very strong i asked a rep at gates at the summer nationals drag racing and his comment shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh not a lot of common people know about them he said if all people knew there would be a big decline in sales and they would have to start making them . you guys keep buying the rubber betls you do the math.

I have two belts that run real close to each other would that be a problem? They look wide are they?

Thanks,
Keith

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom