v8 Truck Mount

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Somebody posted a picture of a shiny truckmount with a V8 in it and a picture of a lion, lots of chrome, supposed to have a big blower and only use a little bit of fuel. It also has a warranty where any certified mechanic can make repairs and adjustments and just bill the company who sold it to you.

Is anybody running one of these? Do you expect them to be around for a while? Any reliability issues? Is that laser etched lion a PITA to keep clean?

Who makes that hummer anyhow?

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
No, it was the Magic Wand TM I was talking about.

Does anybody else feel the same way about the owner / quality of the machine?

Name
George Valliant
At first glance it thought it was the ultimate until i started reading the specs.

a 300+ hp engine spinning at 1500 rpm. How much horsepower do you think its really putting out? Anyone got a guess? I dunno, maybe 60....

the fact that it comes w/ a 5.9 blower tells the entire story. It's a wimpy blower for a 300+ hp truckmount. Wouldn't you say?

Name
Kevin McCreary
If you really want a big ass V8 slide in with a real blower and good
heat look at a Steamaction. You hardly ever hear anything bad about them.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Carpet Cleaning Fool said:
At first glance it thought it was the ultimate until i started reading the specs.

a 300+ hp engine spinning at 1500 rpm. How much horsepower do you think its really putting out? Anyone got a guess? I dunno, maybe 60....

i don't know what the HP curve is on a small block Chevy, but I'm guessing it's substantially more than 60hp @1500 rpm
certainly more than enough to spin a blower and pump.

Longevity should be outstanding too and sm block chevy parts are easy to find and cheap comparatively

i don't know anything about the TM, don't know or heard of anyone that runs one, but I'll admit, the idea sure trips my trigger

..L.T.A.

The MW TM was at Connections last year. Kinda strange that it was just sitting inside and not out with the other TM's in the demo area.

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
The similarities are quite close between Taf's Lion and John's Big Daddy machines. Does John private label them for Taf or did Taf "borrow" John's ideas with some slight mods?

WJMorgan3 said:
The similarities are quite close between Taf's Lion and John's Big Daddy machines. Does John private label them for Taf or did Taf "borrow" John's ideas with some slight mods?
:shock:

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Carpet Cleaning Fool said:

the fact that it comes w/ a 5.9 blower tells the entire story. It's a wimpy blower for a 300+ hp truckmount. Wouldn't you say?

George,

Your post is quite perceptive. Why? Because you question the logistics and are not persuaded or fogged by the hype. The engine I saw on the unit at Connections was carbureted and manifolded not for the application, but for sustained high RPM/horsepower (so it can hype the upper spec). Hardly a setup where you would want to consider the more important aspects of the application for which the engine had been chosen. Indeed, such a setup is actually detrimental to running the unit at a sustained low RPM level that they have chosen, that being 1500. Running a 4 barrel carb on a single plane manifold at a sustained rpm of 1500, along with the low loading and absence of any sort of governer will result in higher fuel consumption, lousy emission specs, carbon build-up, fouled plugs, and even a depression in the low-end torque, which is the very thing you need/want in the application without a governer (engine speed modulator).

The unit at Connections didn't even have an exhaust system, just open manifolds. (I guess that's extra :wink: ) If heat is only from the cooling system, then you would have to expect temps lower than that of most CDS type units, with much smaller blowers. So, what do we have here? A triple wand machine with no heat, or do we have a behemoth single wand unit with too much blower, and a way overblown engine?

The bottom line is that the unit is a "Charm unit" or conversation piece more than a practical assemblage for an assigned task. If you remember the turbine jet driven Prochem that was used as an attention getter, you saw how impractical the unit really was, and that it had no purpose other than for ego/show. This unit here satisfies the primal urges of those who missed the eventual point of the exercise.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Oooo, Odin. Was that supposed to be an insightful personal attack? Nice try. :roll:

You don't have a clue, nor the credibility for such a remark, Odin.

The place I have been in trouble the most with my employer is when I honestly take issue with products they are trying to sell, for which I may lack confidence. But it doesn't happen often. :p Then again, you have never been here to understand. (nor do you see me post pictures of products in my post sigs, as cheap plugs)

And I will say this, we stock EVERYTHING we want to sell. it's not like there is any product out there I wish we could carry, so I'm forced to make comment against it dishonestly.

Name
George Valliant
yeah Shawn. U nailed it! That things a show boater for sure.

I like the work Odin's been doing w them electric tm's though. I think once they become Obama Certified (Obamafied) he will really have something there.

Odin, repeat after me "yes we can. Yes we can".

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom