Vac Motors

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I'm looking at these puppys - Air Flow @ 2 Inches Orifice 101.2 CFM, Vacuum (H2O Sealed) 137.1 Inches. I'm thinking 4 should give some serious suck for the Willybeast ( my home built monster porty ) and should keep up with the flow from the General I got from Larry Cobb. Porty MONSTER on it's way :shock:

AMETEK 116765-13 Ametek / Lamb Vacuum Motor / Blower 4M921

Bjorn

no there is nothing wrong with those motors they are one of lambs best work horses

I use them in some boosters for high pref portables where the 7.2 would be over kill.

they would be a good choice, just depends on how many cords your going to use?????

Willy P

Name
Willy P
With heater, I'm at 5 now, 3 vacs, pump and pump out, 2 corded heater. Cords don't scare me.... :wink:

Greenie

Before you buy those 765s, I'd buy some of the new high perf. 5.7" vacs with tapered shroud that Mytee uses, they are the heart of the M5, two is all you will need, that gives you 230 cfm and 146" of waterlift, if you want to jump over to kamikazi crazy, use 4 of them, 2 behind two, each one will pull 11+ amps, just don't ever fire them up without a wand attached, and of course slowly in series as they spin up and you'll keep your amps in check.

They are tall motors and require a thicker doughnut gasket, but you will like them, and they don't cost much more. Order a couple of the Mytee single vac manifolds to bolt them down to, actually order 4 of them if you do the 2x2.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Are you talking about the Lamb Ametek Infin-A-Tek Generation II 121101-13 2-stage 5.7" vacuum motor?

I was wondering about them requiring dry, filtered air.

Greenie

no. I'm talking about the GS vacs, the M5 doesn't run infinteks....actually I don't think any comapny does or ever will, those things are pricey and have low waterlift.

Name
Lee Stockwell
GS is part of the Ametek company which makes Lamb vacs.

We built several machines with their Infinitek motors. Better than average waterlift, lower amp draw, but the electronics were TOO sensitive to heat and all eventually failed. That was Generation I. I vented the top end well, even installed extra cooling fans. However they couldn't take the ambient temperatures. After the first two failed we premptively replaced them all with 116-765's until better were found.

Thanks,
Lee

ps Switched reluctance and other efficient new electric motors are the future of our tools.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Willy;

The GS factory that Lamb used to operate was shut down when Lamb moved production to Mexico.

The engineers who worked there bought the plant and started a new company to produce vac motors.

We buy pallets from them, as does Mytee.

Their products are currently the best performing (highest air watts) for extractors.

The Lamb '765 vac motor is 486 air watts ...
vs their new 3-stages with 580-618 air watts.

---New Hi-Airwatt Vac Motors---

Lamb is also working on a new vac motor with higher efficiency. It will be introduced at the ISSA show in October.

Larry

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom