Vacuum and Heat How much is to much ?

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
The 2.5 " hose made instant sense to me . Until I went into the store and saw it. I just can't imagine dragging that hose around. The one house I described (I'm cleaning it next Fri.) the vacuum was so strong even with the glide is was brutal to move the wand. Have you ever been to a house where the wand just seems to be glued to the carpet? Most of my accounts are like that.
I vacuum very few houses because most have maids. I live in a world where most of my customers don't make their own beds. I only vacuum those that clearly need it. I separate a few fibers at the entrance and if I see dirt then I vac otherwise I go straight to TM.
I'll test the different size jets and see how it affects wetness and dry times, but I just don't understand how you can move the wand with that much vacuum. My average run is 150'.

Mike as far as the Rotovac I only use it on the few carpets that I get that are trashed. That's a rare thing for me. I actually feel like a carpet cleaner when I'm done.

Gene

Greenie

Gene, just keep running 4 to the door, as long as your Y is 50' from your truck, all is well.

You don't "need" 2.5" hose, it just makes life simpler for most guys, just one hose, pull and go, since you will always have a "lead" of 2" at your wand, you really aren't "hauling around" the big hose, but some guys are used to pulling big hose so it's no biggie.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Mike Draper said:
in other words.....Don't be a pussy!

lol I was thinking it but didnt say it...

really gene...either you do or you dont...Sounds like you have already made up your mind you dont want to switch...SO DONT THEN..

I dont care what the numbers say, or others who would have you believe these things arent worth it...

But until YOU take it out and try it, you will never know...

Greenie

Actually I wasn't being that critical, just having a little fun with the Some are used to pulling big hose comment...guess no one caught it...which means my comedy needs work.

half of my guys use 4 to the door, the other half use 2.5" hose, very few pull a single 2" hose if it's over 75'

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom