Vacuum cleaners have hair build-up usually but not mine

Name
Steve Lawrence
And I don't have the new tech vac (forget the name) that solves this issue. Man, we used to get a lot of hair build-up on our Kirbys but our newer Sanitaire must break the hair up and swallow it because I never have had to take a knife to the roller and remove the hair like we did so often on our Kirbys. I just looked and there are maybe 3 hairs visible on the roller--not 200 wound around that roller like the old days.

Reactions: Giorgio

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
And I don't have the new tech vac (forget the name) that solves this issue. Man, we used to get a lot of hair build-up on our Kirbys but our newer Sanitaire must break the hair up and swallow it because I never have had to take a knife to the roller and remove the hair like we did so often on our Kirbys. I just looked and there are maybe 3 hairs visible on the roller--not 200 wound around that roller like the old days.
Means your tech isn't using it much.

Name
Steve Lawrence
This is our home vac. We once used Kirbys a lot but like the Sanitaire better. Picks up well, is more maneuverable, contains the dust. Like the Sanitaire a lot! (Mikey turned me on to this vac 10 years ago.)

Zaccattack95

Name
Zacchary Allerding
Ive had the 16" and several 12" sanitaires. All paper bag models. Like the brush on them for sure! Never had the dust cup or shake out versions. Always ran oe bags and belts as well. Had bad experience with aftermarket bags with the proteam backpack and Windsors i had.

20200401_203055.jpg

Name
Steve Lawrence
Yes, the newer Sanitaires use F&G style bags and while a little harder to put on and remove than the original style, they do a great job of containing the dust. I change mine outside as it is a dusty job.

Reactions: Jimmy L
Name
Steve Lawrence
Ive had the 16" and several 12" sanitaires. All paper bag models. Like the brush on them for sure! Never had the dust cup or shake out versions. Always ran oe bags and belts as well. Had bad experience with aftermarket bags with the proteam backpack and Windsors i had.

View attachment 98175
I could not repair my Proteam backpack when it died. Just too f'n hard. (I don't think Proteam likes us fixing their junk!) I like my new Sanitaire Quiet Clean back-pac-vac. I hope it's repairable. But, it's already better than the Proteam (owned 2, neither repairable and I'm pretty good at repairs) in that it can be operated in the upright position sitting on the floor and it is just as powerful and quieter than Proteam which I will not purchase again.

Zaccattack95

Name
Zacchary Allerding
I could not repair my Proteam backpack when it died. Just too f'n hard. (I don't think Proteam likes us fixing their junk!) I like my new Sanitaire Quiet Clean back-pac-vac. I hope it's repairable. But, it's already better than the Proteam (owned 2, neither repairable and I'm pretty good at repairs) in that it can be operated in the upright position sitting on the floor and it is just as powerful and quieter than Proteam which I will not purchase again.
What model backpack?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom