Vacuum Maintenance

topnotchman

I was just wondering those of you who use a vacuum that lasts more then 6 months, how often you change your brushes/beater bar? I know it will vary how much you use the vacuum. I just bought a new beater bar and brush for mine, it still has the original. The old one looks to be in good shape and still seems to perform well, I just figured after 5 years it might be due for one and might work a bit better. Haven't tried the new one yet, but I shall see.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I've used my vac for over 1.5 years now and the beater bar still looks in top shape, I clean the insides once a week, and take it to my local vac store to get the full deodorization, tune up, etc. I basically walk out w/ a new vac.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
my brush needs changing about every 6mths or so. It wears down about 1/8 to 3/16 of an inch. That makes a big difference in the agitation.
feels like a new machine when I change it. I'll throw on new belt at the same time.

topnotchman

New brushes installed today, and it works a lot better. Should have done it sooner. Seems to have a lot more grab and pulls the pile up even better now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom