Vacuums in Series or Parallel for a portable using one cord?

theden

After reading about portables with 2 2stage vacs running in parallel giving more cfm and the same vac motors running in series offering more lift. I would like to know which configuration is actually better. I'm talking about two not three stage vacs because of power requirements.

Name
Nate W.
It's a no brainer if your only using 2 2stages to run 1 cord. Why make it more difficult then it needs to be? I personally wouldn't use a 2 2stage porty unless that's all there is to use.

Name
Nate W.
Hey Dennis, I didn't mean to come off like know-it-all. I apologize for that. What would you be using the machine for? Floods or CC mainly? I actually have a Mytee speedster1000 that I got with some used equipment. It has 2 3stage vac motors with a 100psi pump on 1 cord and does not trip breakers. The 2 3stages vacs aren't high performance ones, but they are plumped with parallel and I converted the port to 2".

As far as power issues, I ran a porty for over 12years. I made due with what I had to work with. I would run 3 cords on the normal job, 4 if I used the hot box instead of the #3little giant heater. Where would you be working were power is an issue? I've never ran into a problem where there weren't many outlets to plug into.

theden

Thanks, Nate. It's a building with power issues because so much is all ready plugged in leaving me with little left over usable amps. I am interested in purchasing a Mytee but the three stage vacs now use two cords, which leaves me with the option of two stage vacs that are available in either in parallel or in series and I'm just trying to find out which way to go.

Name
Nate W.
theden said:
Thanks, Nate. It's a building with power issues because so much is all ready plugged in leaving me with little left over usable amps. I am interested in purchasing a Mytee but the three stage vacs now use two cords, which leaves me with the option of two stage vacs that are available in either in parallel or in series and I'm just trying to find out which way to go.

Got ya. On very rare occasion, I've ran one of those plugs that screw into the light socket. I mostly just unplug a lamp or fan in a residential setting. The building your working in is commerical or corridors of apts? Turning off lights to kitchens, hallways and others that your not using also saves on some power.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Dennis;

If they are the normal 2-stage vacs rated @ 8 amps or so ...

then you need to run them in SERIES.

The lift is too low for effective cleaning in parallel.

Generating more lift at the wand-carpet interface is how you get more CFM thru the wand.

Larry

Willy P

Name
Willy P
theden said:
Commercial building with computers and servors which I cannot unplug.

Look for where a printer is plugged in, go to the lunch room, check out the stairwells. Double 2 stage in series to get lift for short runs, in parallel for CFM's on longer runs. Less CFM in series, less lift in parallel.

BUT

2 sets of series, then set those up in parallel, you get the best of both worlds and WoW! Suck dust off the moon.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom