Vacuums

Lonny

Supportive Member
What kind/style of vacuum do you all use?
When I started I used the Dyson, not a bad vacuum, has some ingeneous and useful features for the residential user, hideously overpriced and I always thought it skimmed the surface more than sucking out dirt from the bottom of the pile.
I then switched to a pro-team supercoach backpack vacuum-Awsome for commercial carpet. Used properly it is a serious time saver, easy on the body too. The problem I have with it is on residential. It will not pick up hair, or strings embedded in the carpet. Great for dirt though.
Not much to break here, the wand head wears out over time, but is easily replaced and costs only about $20 with shipping.
I haven't tried a dual motor commercial beast, but this may be where I find myself.
Anyone else?
Thank-you!

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Been using a Royal Commercial for about five years. All-metal sledge-hammer. Refuses to die.

Walt

You could save some money and buy a power head for your proteam. There is a german company that makes one that is powered by the vacuum. If you have the top of the line proteam it has more than enough power.

Dyson makes a good vacuum - however, I don't use it for that reason. I get so many positive comments on it I don't think I could stop using it. Today, I arrived and the lady (a referral) said, "your the guy who uses the Dyson."

I like using it, but I don't think that they are very durable. I've gone through one a year since i got it. Good thing they have a 5 year replacement warranty!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Bissel

Bissel Cyclone Momentum $89 bukz
Keep that looking and smelling good for "good" res jobs

Then add a Bissel Powerforce baggless $46 bukz at wal-Mart
Use that one for rat holes and smelly res jobs

They both will suck a Dyesoon up the hose, but the Powerforce model needs emptying OFTEN while vaccing and filters need blown/cleaned out every day.
The Cyclone doesn't suffer the filter issues of the Powerforce

..L.T.A.

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Larry is on the Button,both awesome vacuums,an inexpensive in case of damage beyond repair...

May I suggest for those that live on the East coast or where ever else they are located...

BigLots.com/Big Lots store...Momentum bronze plastic version 70 bucks,the other one he mentioned is 40 bucks,they are a clearance place for Target/Walmart stores.

Seen an occasional Dyson fly in vary in price from 149-199 depending on respective versions...

Able 1

Name
Keith
$50.00 Bissel just like above... Just keep the filters clean!!

Keith

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Larry Cobb said:
Lonny;

We like the Eureka Sanitaire commercial vacs.

They hold up for nightly janitorial vacuuming, which is the toughest test ground.

Larry

"toughest test ground"????

obviously you've never worked the sec 8 rehab circuit. :lol:

I know you want to sell a vac, Larry, but pret'near every juju bead, paper clip, penny and chunk gets tangled up and stalls the belt on that antique design.
Not to mention the lack of on board hose with them.
We haven't used them in a hundred years.

by-pass motor/fans are the way to go

..L.T.A.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Mikey P said:
MeAt, have you found any down sides to the Momentum yet?

blow by is the biggest down side, Mike.
Like all the cheap vacs, they don't have the greatest seal
You still need to empty the cup the pretty often on the hair ball homes too

the roll brush is adjustable, so no need to dig it in on the "dainty" stuff

..L.T.A.

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
my parents and I own a vacuum store...we sell Dyson..Miele..Lindhaus..Sanitaire..Riccarr..Oreck..Sebo and umm Panasonic and Fuller Brush..Royal...

Lindhaus and Riccar will be the best for Pet Hair.

Royal are by far the most Durable vacuums...Royal is where Kirby got there design and Royal is more durable...It will pick up dirt the best and probably hair but has terrible filtering but aweesome for commercial...

Sanitaire are awesome vacs...great suction..

Pro Team is a cheap knock off of Lindhaus.

Dyson we won't sell by choice. Also same with Oreck. Only if people can't get off what they saw on TV or were told by there brother, mother, sister cousin etc.

Bissell is junk..haha sorry guys...No bagless except Dyson...Unless you keep the filters clean EVERYDAY!...and they are still very cheaply made vacs...

Anyone please e-mail for more questions.

Chads

Supportive Member
Why Don we get John from Mytee to build us the most awsome vacumn for carpet cleaners ever. At least he listens to us. So how about John.

MikeD00019

I about made my self sick looking for vacs. I used lindhaus at my old company but I don't want to spent $600+ so I just bought an Oreck XL 2100 Commercial Upright Vacuum for $200 new. very light hope it works nice. Demo was great at the store.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
John La Rue said:
Been using a Royal Commercial for about five years. All-metal sledge-hammer. Refuses to die.

Put it between an old 175 floor machine and the waste tank and slam the brakes to avoid running over a kid chasing a ball into the street and tell me how indestructible it is. I got a dyson and make sure it stays out of harms way. Eventually I will get a real vac, but the dyson was ok for a hunnert fifty.

Grant D

In the last 3 years since I began I started with one of the lightweight oreck commercial vacs. At the time I thought it was good but I later realized it's a pos. OK for resi use. I did like it for stairs and some area rugs though.

Then I got a dyson dc17. I hated emptying the canister all the time, but it did work pretty well. I don't know how they can say it never clogs though, mine was clogged with pet hair a couple times a week and there's so much hose going through the thing I had to run a pipe snake through it to unclog. After 4 months the brush roll motor burned out. Since I used it for "commercial" I had no warranty (I'm honest) so bye bye dyson.

Now I have a Lindhaus and a Royal. I like them both. Lindhaus was pricey but is very quiet. The brush roll is it's strength, very fast moving, but suction is average. Moving the machine slowly will do a good job on pet hair, but will still leave the heavier debris at the base of the carpet. The royal is loud. I like the brush roll, having a beater bar built in and it has enough suction that it has very good edge cleaning on both sides. I use the HEPA vac bags with it for better filtration. It goes slow but does a very good job if you move it slowly.

I also have an Amway vac one of my customers gave me. I much prefer the lindhaus or royal. It's nice to see what you're picking up but I'd rather use a better vac.

Mr.V

I've got a eureka Sanitaire,,,tough as nails and you can hear the floor vibrate from the beater bar.

It would be nice to have an attachment hose,,,,and no it doesn't like the big chunks(I'm not too old to pick em up) but is awesome at removing dry soil and the bag is huge.

if it's a rat nasty I'll pull out the beater bar and belt and do a quick run over to pick up the bigger chunks then vac as normal.

the belts are cheap and so are the huge bags.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom