Vacuums

kevinj61

Ok so whats the deal with upright vacuums-if i go into any local supplier they all have uprights for as much as $700.00, what do they do throw a label on it that says "commercial" and now it's suddenly worth up to $700--is it going to be any better than an upright from best buy, sears, or walmart in the $200 price range--I don't get it but no way i will pay that much for an upright--so what do you guys use any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I use the Dyson DC-14....(purple).....But I don't pay what they want in the store for one...I just watch Amazon and can get one for around $275 to $300 bucks....I am on my second one....my last one lasted me 4.5 years...I never bought a belt or anything for it....it did not break....I just wore it out....no bags to replace...completely washable...its a good vacuum....

Chris A

Name
Chris
I have a dc14 too, paid about the same, and agree with Jim

bigchuckie

Kirby G series you can get em cheap of of Ebay pretty cheap. They will suck nails through the backing. (Well not really but they are powerful and built like tanks. I like them for the automatic transmission Really helps with bad shoulders shiteatinggrin

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Mikey P said:
both the Dyson and the Kirby do not work worth a damn on staircases.

it is rare for me to vacuum stairs anyway....I pulled the glide off my stair tool and it can remove everything while cleaning better then any vacuum....

Ron K

The Red Dowel Pins that they use for Brush Rolls on the Purple Dysons are way to aggressive IMO.
Bissel Pet Eraser! 3 Year Guarantee...haven't bought a new one yet. Stickin it to the man!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
kevinj61 said:
Ok so whats the deal with upright vacuums-if i go into any local supplier they all have uprights for as much as $700.00, what do they do throw a label on it that says "commercial" and now it's suddenly worth up to $700--is it going to be any better than an upright from best buy, sears, or walmart in the $200 price range--I don't get it but no way i will pay that much for an upright--so what do you guys use any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

the greatest difference in the hi-end vacs (or "should" be the difference ) are the noise levels and filtration.

we buy "throwaway" vacs, cause quite frankly, we abuse and beat the chit out of 'em.
That $700 vac would look no better in a year than our $99 Bissels...and would suck no better either

..L.T.A.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
The PV12 is the best vac you could buy IMO. We've had one in the shop for about 12 years and it works just as good as the day we bought it. It was used in a janitorial business for a few years so it saw some abuse and all we've replaced is one belt and a power cord. They sell for around 450 and are worth every penny.

DannyD

I agree w/ both Chuckie & Meat on this one. I have 2 Kirby's- 1 is the G Ultimate & a Bissell. The Kirby is what I'll use if it's a lot of open areas. I also use the Kirby on mattresses. The Bissell is what I use if I think I'll need to be using the attachments, since the Kirby's attachments aren't really practical to use. Also, sometimes I just don't feel like cleaning filters so I might use the Kirby in those cases.

I'd definately look at Craigslist or Ebay to get a Kirby. I wouldn't buy one new. They push like a breeze if ya get the G series.

Meat suggesting the Bissell about 4-5 years ago is the reason I got one. That was one of the best tips I got from this board. It's been a great vac, but it's now time to get one. Ironically when I was at Meijers looking I considered the Pet Eraser and one other one (I think the cyclone type). I ended up getting neither, because I wanted to come back & google em.

Since I already have 2 Kirby's, I'm going to be getting a Bissell. It's only a matter of which model.

So to the original Q- get either a Kirby off of Craigslist/Ebay or a Bissell from your local Meijers or whatever your department store is in your area. No need to spend $700 when ya can get a good one for under $200.

S

sam miller

Costco bought a $99.00 windtunnel its blown custy kirbys out of the water have to clean filter every job unlike a dyson works

forever.

I like the clear tank at the top you can see the dirt swirling out of carpet into tank I could buy 3 of these for the price of a dyson.

PS My dc17 at home is a beast of a vacuum the suction is better then the hoover. Pipe the stairs.

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
Who is going to man up and buy a Lindhaus??

You will throw your Dyson to the curb after using it 1 time.

Find a local distributor and have him demo it and maybe take it home for a test drive.

Get the Hepa Health Care Pro with 12" head. Vacuum your stairs like a breeze. And thank me later.

If you want a home vac or 1 man show vac or something that will be taken care of get a Lindahus, Riccar or Miele S7 if you don't mind something heavy.

Happy vacuuming to all. It should be anyway if you have a decent machine!

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I was really liking you because you liek the same kind of vacuums i do... But I jus saw that you clean carpets with a von scrader or however u spell it!! Your Lindhaus vacuum has more lift than the VS. come on get a truckmount! your doing your customers a great service by using a great vacuum but a big dis service with your crappy extractor.. all respect is on hold!@

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Cleartrak. 15yrs and I won't use anything else. Can replace the parts, reusable filters + they are very reasonably priced.
Vacuum is $330, free shipping in the US
Spend another $30 for the accessory kit
Spend another $80 for extra brush (replace in 6mths to a year) and extra filters and belts. Change the belt when you change the brush.
Any parts you need, just order them, pull out a phillips screwdriver and replace it.

Not to mention you'll see ALL the dirt you collect.

just needs one modification on the filter tray and you're good to go.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Been using the same Royal Commercial (cast aluminum) for eight years. And its performance beats everything else I've owned or tried.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Given the videos, arguments, and the fact that we know Ron is a vacuum Nazi....I would tend to believe him over most.

No offense to anyone else....but you know Ron is the Vacuum "connoisseur" around here.

Where does one buy a Clear Track Ron?

Grant D

Hey Stucky,
How different is the Diamante from the lindhaus you reference above. I had a diamante and the fact that all the weight was in the base and that the wheels didn't want to turn made it difficult to push and pull. I used it for a year and developed a repetitive hip injury that I have yet to be able to get healed, and I quit using that thing 2 1/2 years ago. Worst decision I ever made getting that thing, plus bags were like $3 each. Worked great on pet hair due to fantastic roller brush, but much below average suction IMO.

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
Lindhaus makes a great vac.

Biggest differences.

Panasonic motor. Anyone who knows motors knows that panasonic is considered one the THE best electric motors worldwide.

Their brush design is the most unique in the industry. Instead of the barber pole strip brush design that pushes dirt past the point of suction, the Lindhaus uses a chevron design that pulls dirt from both ends and pushes it right into the point of suction.

The brush is also balanced like a car wheel to maximize bearing life.

Two new motor filters in every 8 pack of bags.

Auto shutoff if you happen to suck something up that jams the brush (i.e. towel)

one hear top to bottom warranty. 3 years on motor and belt. Yes three years on the belt!

Oh, and they private label vacuums for a bunch of commercial vacs.

Damn good vac.

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
Go Micah, yah it's ur birthday!!

Get em man!!!!

Call up Lindhaus and get the buy 14 get 1 free special and your on your way to top notch sales man!!!

I will say Johnny the Royal commercial is a PHENOMINAL vac. I would have a Royal if they had cloth bags or somewhat better filtering.

But as with Kirby, Oreck and any direct air machine, they lack the filtering but have great suction/pick up.

BUT as I messaged Grant and said

CRI says vacuuming is made up of......drum roll please..

45% AGITATION
35% suction
and 20% airflow

Give or take a few percent and forgive me if my math is wrong but close to those numbers.

I highly believe agitation is more important than suction.

Yes people like Dyson and Kirby say forget you agitation and over power with suction but I like the balance of the three better. AND I can pick up things like pennies, rocks, toys anything smaller than the 1" hose and it will not break a fan blade. Or rattle around in the fan and spit back out.

And as far as my take on the Ron W Clear Trak.

Not bad.

My parents owned one back in the day when they had a Dry Cleaners, ServiceMaster franchise and Janitorial Business and wait ha last but not least Vacuum store.

I don't know them well enough to compare but aren't they a bit bulky Ron?? And maybe not quite and user friendly as most may want/need??

Jordan

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Cause someone like yourself doesnt like to get their hands dirty.. You just yank it out no mess.. But with a dirt cup.. you might get a little bit of dust in your perfectly sculpted eyebrows! lmao

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
And here I thought it had something to do with perfomance.

Dirt cup cheap, bag is money...even if it's a little.

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
WAIT WAIT WAIT!!!

I was just doin dishes and it CLICKED!!!! HEY DUMBO!!! Yes me.

I use a SHAKE OUT BAG in the Lindhaus Hepa Pro. It might sacrifice a little filtering, I don't use one in my own home though, just paper.

So wallahhhh! No repetative bag cost.

Ron K

If you use a paper bag buy a new one every job and show or leave it with the customer to show how well they or their housecleaner is doing.
We use a Bissel and explain we use it because we feel it does the best job. We show our clients the proper way to Vacuum and say even the worst Vacuum in the world is better then one parked in the closet. It is a win win, you show how good a job they are doing or are showing them they could do better, either way it helps us out since a well vacuumed home is easier to maintain and it keeps their carpets cleaner longer. Just Friday we showed a customer her housekeeper wasn't moving the table and we found moths under it, we saved her rug, and now can charge her $17,983.29 psf to clean it in our rug spa .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom