val-pack

Able 1

Name
Keith
Ok, I wouldn't normally do this but I got a call and was told that I can hit 10,000 households for 300.00. Think it's worth it?

If I can make 1,500 off it I would consider it a success, is that unrealistic?

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
That is rack rate, very negotiable. If you decide to do it I would suggest hitting 20-40k homes for at least 3 mailings before you judge it a success or failure. Also make your ad different than all the others that are in the packages. It is generally a "value cleaner" marketing product so if you are a "high priced" cleaner you may not get response.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Make sure you get the extras such as both sides, coated for the shine and pop factor. It is $300 per 10,000 usually with a 30,000 minimum. You get breaks for more months.

I understand people on the boards don't like my marketing but I could count on atleast $6,000 a month from my Val-Pac ad

Able 1

Name
Keith
Ken Snow said:
That is rack rate, very negotiable. If you decide to do it I would suggest hitting 20-40k homes for at least 3 mailings before you judge it a success or failure. Also make your ad different than all the others that are in the packages. It is generally a "value cleaner" marketing product so if you are a "high priced" cleaner you may not get response.

She did say there was another package that you would get 1 month free if I would sign for 3 months. The price isnt that much of an issue, if it works. I have no summer flyers :x , 25,000 for fall though.

Maybe I'll ask for 20,000 for the same price???

Thing with my flyers is there is lag time between when I put them out to when the phone rings off the hook. I need more steady marketing.

Hey Greg, do you have a copy of the val-pac ad you put out?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I can't seem to find it. I will search it out in the morning

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Matt Murdock said:
Make sure you get the extras such as both sides, coated for the shine and pop factor. It is $300 per 10,000 usually with a 30,000 minimum. You get breaks for more months.

I understand people on the boards don't like my marketing but I could count on atleast $6,000 a month from my Val-Pac ad

How many mailers are you doing to bring in that much revenue?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
it was once a month mailing the 30,000 package. I would do about 8 months out of the year and each month would be booked because people held onto the coupons. That is why I substantially cut my marketing because my database is full of customers who already love me. Then I catch more fish from my website

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
See how many cleaners you'll be competing against and their current ads/offers. The low price usually wins. Can you still make a reasonable profit? Know your numbers.

Name
Kevin McCreary
I just cant see advertising in the same spot as three or four cheap cleaners!
You must get some pretty shitty jobs from val pack.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
in my area there is a maximum of 2 cleaners per envelope. One time they had 3 and refunded my months advertising when I complained

Dave have you ever done a campaign with Val-Pak?

Have you Kevin?

Name
Kevin McCreary
Yes, when I ran Sears outfits back in the 90's that is how we survived. We did val-pack, carol wright, advo, vlassis and news America fsi. We always rad an ad that said "3 rooms for $57 that's only", then really big "thats only $19per room. It made the phones ring because of the low price and national name. Sears negotiated a national rate with their buying power, we did the whole territory so we got it really cheap and it worked. I would never do it again, unless I was running a multi truck company (3 or more), had a really sharp pencil, did a lot of volume (1 million+) at a lower profit margin and had a good upselling csr on the phone backed by good tech's that where commissioned and thought sales first and cleaning second.

You always have to cover your ass too with:A room is defined as an area 200 sq. ft. or less hallway/staircase/walk in closet are considered a room. L shaped rooms and combined living areas are counted as separate areas.Deodorizer and protector available at an additional cost. Extra charge applies for specialty fabrics and loose pillows. A $57 minimum charge applies to all jobs. Not good with any other offer. A travel charge applies to outlying areas. cash value 1/20 of a cent. Offer not valid in all areas.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
In detroit market they dropped the cap on how many poer product category~ there are sometimes as many as 7 carpet cleaners in it so we never do it.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Yea, as long as it was limited to 2 or maybe even 3 cleaners it can work.
But you have to advertise low prices and upsale like crazy.
Most Val Pak cleaners will have the basic clean "but if you want it really clean?"
That's just chicken shit advertising if you ask me.

"oh we are coming out for $7 per room.....What's that? You want them "clean"...well it will be more for that."

customer- "What the hell were you coming out for in the first place??"

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
mine was 4 rooms $99
3 rooms $79
$1 a sq ft tile & Grout
$75 restretch*
$55 sofa, $45 Lovceseat and $35 Chair
had 5 coupons down bottom, customer comments on back
Built my client base with it. I would never send out in July or Feb etc etc

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Matt Murdock said:
mine was 4 rooms $99
3 rooms $79
$1 a sq ft tile & Grout
$75 restretch*
$55 sofa, $45 Lovceseat and $35 Chair
had 5 coupons down bottom, customer comments on back
Built my client base with it. I would never send out in July or Feb etc etc

Why those months?

G

I do the Clipper Mag and there are 3 of us!

There's a $95 guy
a $85 guy
and me a $150, guy and I stay busy every day and we do 5 a day!
and the homes I go in to are 3000 sqft homes are more.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I can see how room pricing would work well for coupon books, since the other franchises are pretty much doing the same, alot of people on there that see carpet cleaners all the same are looking at price and maybe a little more that makes you different. We've all been to homes where we got the contract for the cleaning and while cleaning the carpets we see the stack of coupons laying by the night stand. It doesn't make a difference if it's low, mid, or high end.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom