Val Pak Survey

Scott

What does it cost in your neck of the woods and what is the circulation?

Thanks,

Scott

Rex Tyus

Val pak doesn't bother with my neck of the woods. Every so often a private label version will pop up. Prices rangED from $350 to $1500 about 15,000 circulation as best I remember. But it has been about 3 yrs since anyone contacted me so I could be way off.

Scott

We haven't used them in years but I know several who do. Just trying to determine if the cost per K was about the same. Give or take some, it seems ~$400 is about the avg. per 10K across the states.

Thanks for your input.

Scott

Scott

Yeah, that's it Odin.

All the hax like you are in ours. I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole.

:wink:

Scott

-JB-

Name
JB
T, if I give you some English lessons will you teach me how to get $67.50 for a home? ( I assume for that price they must be double wides!)
I did this one last week and got $9.99 for the hole thing!SWEET!
9886mobilehome.jpg

Attachments

• 9886mobilehome.jpg
    9886mobilehome.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 243

Greenie

I recall running a few months where I sent out 50,000 and it cost me about $1600 for the 5 zone package, it paid for it's self by 3:1 but wasn't a killer return or anything, just kept the crews busy as I was focused on cross selling window cleaning and power washing to carpet custies.

Pray you don't have a window cleaner marketing to your base, cause he'll be in there 4x more often than you will...lol

It was also a good defense, once established you Had better be pretty diversified to crack that nut, if a window cleaner happen to solicit, Mrs. Piffelton would say sure I'll accept a bid, but you have to do my carpets and furniture too, that kept many out.

F

FB7777

At least out where I am, the ValPak rates are negotiable.

In the past I typically paid $325 / $10K zone.

They started at $450 but I refused that rate and then they went with the freq. sales tactic etc.

all advertising is negotiable

saxman

We used Val Pac about ten years ago, the trouble is they have too many carpet cleaners in them. My price was always higher, and they didn't work very well. People who use coupons are not looking for quality, they want cheap, and they are not the customers I want.

Scott

I agree, John. We don't use them either for the same reason. Gave up on it about a decade ago as well.

I am trying to do some CPM ad comparisons with various forms of print advertising. Until the great folks above replied (yes, even Odin) the one set of numbers I didn't have was Val Pak.

Thanks all.

Scott

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
great, another Trailer joker...

:cry: --- Derek.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Scott put your money in the Thrifty Nickel/Penny Pincher newspapers.
Alot cheaper and so are the "Clients" you will get.

Page 22 of your BRC manual.

KBRENNY

Tried it a year ago and it was $400 for 15,000. my ad was very clear that my prices were for real and they would not be upsold with my service, got 4 calls, three of which tried talking me down lower than my coupon price and one actual full house (very small) clean for $150. I have to say that most of the guys I have talked to agree that the clients tend to be more cost consious and quality is not a big concern for them. I explained this to the guy when he called back to try and get me to advertise again and after a long debate about the issue I convinced him I would never use him again. He called back two weeks later and scheduled his carpet clean!

Back
Top Bottom