Val-Pak

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I stopped using them when I cut my add budget from $26000 to $4000 this year. They are offering me buy sept and oct and get november and december free. That is a pretty good deal

Name
I'm Rick James
I was going to use our local vak pak, but she let it slip that their was 5 other cleaners in the areas I wanted.

You going to take them up on their offer?

Able 1

Name
Keith
I tried it and I regret it big time... The last mailing 10,000 pcs. 0 calls yes I said ZERO calls. :shock: I dropped the ball this year BIG TIME, I should have kept up with my flyers. Flyers are still my best ROI, I don't know what I was thinking. :x

Name
I'm Rick James
Able 1 said:
I tried it and I regret it big time... The last mailing 10,000 pcs. 0 calls yes I said ZERO calls. :shock: I dropped the ball this year BIG TIME, I should have kept up with my flyers. Flyers are still my best ROI, I don't know what I was thinking. :x

Read up on guerilla marketing.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I did val-pak probably 9 months last year and got a great return. Good months to capture new custies is Sept, oct , nov and december . You need to be in it a few months to really get the ball rolling

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Keith, one mailing won't work well.
You have to have great deal on those ads for them to work and watch out for the ghetto price shoppers...if you are willing to do those, you can make some money running a truck yourself.

Make sure you ad is appealing to your demographic...and make your specials eye grabbing.

Remember to make it easy for them to call....make your phone number big
And put your website address on them...you have a pretty good website.

You have to work it for a few months but your really have to check who you are competing against in that same mailer.

If you want higher end houses, see if there is an RSVP Direct Mail to the Upscale.
They did ok for me but stopped mailing in the area.

Val Pak is good for what they are worth. You just have to go with that flow.

Keith...can you post the ad on here??

Maybe we can help with it?

is this your web site?

http://xtremecarpetcare.us/

is so, only the home page comes up. none of the links work.

I went with val pack. I lead me to bottom feeders.

and yes, lots of other carpet cleaners in there with me.

for me in the chicago market
val pack is dead dinosaur.

visit my blog, "the carpet cleaner's crocodile."

Able 1

Name
Keith
The 2nd 10,000 went out... NOTHING! Next year it's all flyers for me! I'm dropping the phone book unless they will take $800 less then last year... For me val-pak was a giant waste of money, and I'm only against Sears and some $10 per room guy. :shock: :lol:

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Considering we're a new carpet cleaning company(we're a sister company of a 25+ year janitorial company) - Val-Pak has given us a lot of jobs. Actually I would say easily 90% of what we do(residentially) is through Val-Pak.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
hoody if you want to know how to spike that number give me a call

Steven, do you put prices in the val-pak? What kind of specials are you running? I get things in my mail almost daily from all the Chem-Dry guys and their prices are fair (5 areas 149). Nothing dirt cheap. I also get the 5.95 room coupons. A guy from one of the Chem-Drys said they were rolling so I guess they are gettin a good return. I still hate that they use the Why Risk Steam headlines though.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Chem Lie ad ...specials are BONNET cleaning ONLY.......

Flip the coupon over...In says 10% off TRUCKMOUNT cleaning.... :shock:

All the Chem-Hacks around here either are strictly bonnet or run protables with the RX. Their price is to clean with whatever system they offer. The other day I was at my suppliers and a Chem guy came in and bought 10 bonnets and a new scrubber for a large commercial job he said. I would like to go and look at after it was cleaned.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Ok I got two this week... I need a new ad though for the next 2 months.. any ideas??

I'll post my current POS in a bit.. :oops:

Bjorn

I have been using val pak for years and have been very happy

One the owner of the val pak here is a friend

I pretty much only do one area of 10k over and over same one ( up scale middle class upper middle end no apartments)

the only other I have to deal with is chem dri and he asks me first if they can be in my area HELL yes that chem dri is good for my business they run a add too and I get more calls.

no two Val Pak onwers are the same

Mine always calls a week after the mailing and asks how it it working and see if any changes can be made.

I really can say enough good things about my val pak up here he runs a great business

best thing is

people look forward to seeing my add every month kind of like a reminder, post card or news letter

for 350 bucks I'm there 10 times a year like clock work.

Tell you how much people notice things I have my dogs in my add

Well Mr Dudley my springer spaniel passed away @ 16 years old and the next add just had Bergen Bjorn and me in the picture I got phone calls asking about Mr Duddley not just a few calls but many not about carpet cleaning but about Mr Duddley.

I have something that works and I'm going to work it.

If your add does not work or bring in calls the first time it wont the next and changes have to be made till you come up with a product that does.

This is where the Val Pak owner or representative is very important they can show you other carpet cleaning adds from around the country that work and you can use what works bits a pieces to come up with a winner.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I guess it depends on your market. I never tried VP because it always has 2 or 3 bait and switch or Piranha guys. I want to see some ad copy from the guys who say it works.

rick imby

Name
Rick
Able 1 said:
The 2nd 10,000 went out... NOTHING! Next year it's all flyers for me! I'm dropping the phone book unless they will take $800 less then last year... For me val-pak was a giant waste of money, and I'm only against Sears and some $10 per room guy. :shock: :lol:

You should be able to bond with the Valpak owner/salesman. Take him to lunch and ask him what can I do to make this work. Then ask him to prove it. You can also say "I have paid you $1000 so far and not made a sale, help me with this and I will give you 10% of the deals I sell with your ad.

rick imby

Name
Rick
The valpak guy in my area is a one man operation and he does all the selling. He is a great source of info if you make him your friend.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom