value of a tm

DennyH

How do you guys determine the value of a tm..04 blueline champ 1200hrs in a 97 ford he is asking 16,000...The van is worth about 3000..I cant get no info on a blueline champ....THANKS FOR YOUR HELP...

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Re: Re: value of a tm

DennyH said:
How do you guys determine the value of a tm..04 blueline champ 1200hrs in a 97 ford he is asking 16,000...The van is worth about 3000..I cant get no info on a blueline champ....THANKS FOR YOUR HELP...
Waaaaay overpriced

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
everybody always believes their stuff is worth more then it is. depending of course on condition maybe 4k

gene

DennyH

WOW,Then thats another one down the drain.I"ll let this one go.IM sure he wont take 7 for the package..thanks

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
Just keep in mind when looking, reels, extra hoses, h2o tanks, h20 softeners, chem racks, all have value, tm xtra's such as apo's, larger waste tanks, etc add value, and any extras like up tools, stair wands, etc add as well - not to mention install costs and all the parts needed for an install - on a fully turnkey system with all of the above in good shape, you'd have to figure an easy $3-4k above used face value for a van and tm.

Not saying this isn't overpriced, but in good shape it is worth more than 7k if it's more than a tm bolted to a 97 ford van floor.

Jamesh921

Name
James
Mark Imbesi had a NICE Powermatic for sale. Did he sell that unit? If not, your might look into it. My Powermatic absolutely ROCKS.

randy

Name
Randy
Get a hold of Bob and buy one of his steam Genie direct drives. They are rebuilt to like new. Find a decent 1 ton for $10,000 or so and you are ready to roll for less than what that whackadoo is asking for a ragged unit. Also lots of used Butlers out there.

John Watson

Heck my 97 1ton stretch with the JEM and loaded with all kinds of cool stuff and tools related to this buisness is yours for $13,995 another 8-1500 will ship it to ya

DennyH

Thanks for your replies...I already looked at a steam genie in NJ Rob showed me everything niceguy.But when i called jon don they dont fix them.And they cant get parts.Plus it only fits in a 02gmc.I"m thinkin on getting an inferno 12k for tm3kto install and fuel kit with some other equipment.Already bought a new mytee porty for back upfrom chemtex.Buying a used tm is a pain i thought that was the easy part.Another 2weeks to get my paper work back from direct corp to LLC.Then i should be set for marketing...

T

TomKing

We have purchsed 2 small companies in the last year. Here is how we have valued the equipment. Each owner thought he had more before I made my presentation.

The van it self should be valued by Kelly blue book. I use the rates for sale by individuals. You should also value it as "good" few vehicles are excellent. If it has any rust in the truck I would only value it as fair. The bottom line for value is if you wrecked it on the way home what would your insurance company pay. Opinion does not matter.

The truck mount should be devalued by 10% per year if it has average hours. You should also use the price that was paid for the unit not what you can buy one for today.

Accessories I only pay 40% of original cost if they are over 5 years old. 50% original cost if they are newer than 5 years.

R

Robbie

TomKing said:
We have purchsed 2 small companies in the last year. Here is how we have valued the equipment. Each owner thought he had more before I made my presentation.

The van it self should be valued by Kelly blue book. I use the rates for sale by individuals. You should also value it as "good" few vehicles are excellent. If it has any rust in the truck I would only value it as fair. The bottom line for value is if you wrecked it on the way home what would your insurance company pay. Opinion does not matter.

The truck mount should be devalued by 10% per year if it has average hours. You should also use the price that was paid for the unit not what you can buy one for today.

Accessories I only pay 40% of original cost if they are over 5 years old. 50% original cost if they are newer than 5 years.

I think the TM should be devalued more like 25% per year

Bob Foster

According to your calculations my TM is worth minus 700%. I guess that means it reached collectors status and gaining in value by 10% a year... !gotcha!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom