Van powered cds or gasoline powered slide in?

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
PTO cons: uses your van engine which is already being beat down from running 2000-3000 lbs of excess weight everyday - on your vans 8 cyl's - and usually required more $ to buy better heat exchangers for higher heat.

Pro's: easier for employees to use, less maint., (unless you own a prechem slide in), and more room in your van is left

Slide in pro's - (on the bigger machines) more heat, more suck, less fuel

Con's - more maint., uses more space

Have had both - went slide in exclusive 3 years ago and never looked back.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Iny summed it up pretty well.

I'll add;
you get more bang for the buck with a slide-in

also, a well maintained TM will out last a van.
With slide-in, it's a piece of cake to move to a shinny new van.

It's large dollars and bigger headaches to move a direct drive into a new van.
So, when your van gets tired and becomes a money pit in repairs, or starts to "ugly out", you'll spending good money after bad to do major repairs and body work on a tired war wagon

another thing, vehicles aren't made to go 50 MPH sitting a driveway.
Guys talk about how reliable DDs are, but never mention the repairs to the van that aren't common for non DD.
Like water pumps, fried/brittle wiring harnesses, computers cooking and other engine compartment heat related failures.

..L.T.A.

Rex Tyus

Slide ins stink and cook the hoses inside your van. You smell like exhaust fume in the home. The guys with pto's will make fun of your lawnmower engine powered unit to customers.

:p

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Hey Rex,

How do you like that cleanco? How would you rate with other PTO's?

Rex Tyus

ACE said:
Hey Rex,

How do you like that cleanco? How would you rate with other PTO's?

I love it. I think other clutch drives want to be like the Cleanco Q56 when they grow up.

Rex Tyus

sdaws4 said:
Do they get as hot as the CDS models?

They do offer a blower heat exchanger option and those get resonably hot for a clutch drive. Around 220 I understand. However no. They do not get as hot as the CDS because they don't choke the plumbing down on the Cleanco the way they do on the CDS. So the blower does not get as hot. To me this is a good thing. Some don't realize how much it dampens the performance when you choke down and slow down the blower. The CDS doesn't offer a 56 when last I checked either.

However Mine gets hotter. I have an LP post heater. :mrgreen:

Name
Kevin McCreary
I used a cleanco quad 56 two weeks ago, man did it hog the gas and I could only get about 180 degrees out of it. It sure made a hell of a lot of noise though. I didn't think the suction was all that great, but the only real comparison I have any more is #6 and #7 blowers.

One pro no one ever talks about on a pto machine is they are much easier to keep clean inside. A slide in motor
is always sucking air into the motor inside the van, you also can operate a pto with the doors shut in the middle of a
storm or a high crime area.

Chris A

Name
Chris
meAt said:
Guys talk about how reliable DDs are, but never mention the repairs to the van that aren't common for non DD.
Like water pumps, fried/brittle wiring harnesses, computers cooking and other engine compartment heat related failures.
..L.T.A.

We've run 2 CDS into the ground now with out any of those issues. Slide ins are decent in some respects, I s'pose, like if a 47 blower isn't enough. However, for the time savings, efficiency, and all around lack of maintenence, I buy CDS', put about 5 years, 100k, and 5000 hours on them, then trade them in with harldy ever being in a repair shop. I'm a DD guy! :lol:

charles

I like my slide-in, but I will never have another in a van.
If I buy a new van it will be a cds,
If I buy a new slide-in it will go in a box truck.

Dont buy a cleanco....I now know of one person that likes the cleanco and that is REX....

Mr.Truckmount

Cons:With a direct drive you definitly need a new van, and there is a lot of limitations.
Pros: More space, cleaner interior.

Mr.V

I had a Compact 47,,,,,,,,,I called her ol faithful

the new high heat option Cleanco's will hold 230-240 atm

Rex Tyus

Sticky said:
Dont buy a cleanco....I now know of one person that likes the cleanco and that is REX....

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I am sure there are some out there that don't like them as much as me. I can't imagine why but I am sure there are. Before I bought my Cleanco I did countless searches on the boards. I could not find any record of complaints about Cleanco. I think Bob Foster had an Auqatech which is now owned by Cleanco. He had some issues if memory serves me. But I THINK his was before the accusition and quality control was more of an issue then. I am not promoting them cause I don't sell them and don't really care what anyone buys. BUT they are good machines and if you have issues CLEANCO honors their warranty VERY WELL. It is simple no gidgets and gadgets. No by pass whatcha macallits... almost idiot proof.

JIMMY, correct me if I am wrong. Have you had any issues? If so did they honor the warranty?

sdaws4

I think Jimmy hates his cleanco. Saw his looking at a CDS today at Interlink, when he was picking up some Powerburst.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
No issues with mine and I got tired of filling out those weekly turn in records to Cleanco for the warranty.

Like Rex I did research for about a year before buying the quad 56.

I looked at the CDS but didn't like how Hydramaster always adds too many doo dads to complicate the machine. That and the u-joints on the driveshaft.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom