VARIO 2

Name
Nate W.
Yea we use all sorts of pads. Tuways with the stiff strip, Fiber Plus, Gray Fiber Plus what ever is needed. Yes if its any size I'd send an Orobt or two for the worse areas.

I was asking more about what you said though....
Yes and no.

You can't see the difference but I personally feel more comfortable anytime its more than average soiling to go to pads for better removal. Light to moderate soiling we encap with the Cimex.

What I was trying to ask with what you said, You use a fiber pad first then a tuway, or a tuway's straight?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Really you can go either way. :eekk:

Let me rephrase that. If you bust it up with the fiber, you can then pick it up with the Tuway.

BUTT the Tuway does a nice job on its own. I'd test for best results. It could be the gray or original Fiber Plus do just fine.

tubad sosad

Name
joe mama
grizzley, who and with what is going to take care of human waste accidents in those hallways? are you confortable using encap only on those? can you give us your process for doing the halls, what pads yr going to use, how many guys, do you vacuum or do they, etc. etc.

thanks

grizzley

Name
Tim
grizzley, who and with what is going to take care of human waste accidents in those hallways? are you confortable using encap only on those? can you give us your process for doing the halls, what pads yr going to use, how many guys, do you vacuum or do they, etc. etc.

thanks
This is an assisted living place, not a nursing home.........Look at it like an interior corridor apt complex........But regardless, the owner of the property refuses to have hwe inside of his property. For 1, security, and for 2, the safety of his tenants. IF human waste is present ( which at the time of my initial inspection- I didnt have any suspicion that there was), it would be as simple as flooding the area, and using my mytee lite with a water claw.......Just in those areas. The halls are lightly to moderately soiled. We will be doing all the vacuuming- 2 thirty inch wide tracks and will be using cotton pads...........dont like microfibers when I'm trying to maximize soil removal. But please dont confuse all of vlm with the use of an encap............I'm not a fan of straight encap only because I dont trust the the housekeeping staff to properly vacuum afterwards. I prefer padding.

Ashley has thousands upon thousands of square feet of commercial carpet that he completes weekly. He used to have 4 cimex's going to complete everything.....That's him, and 3 other tech's.......He purchased 2 grumpy's at once........and now is able to do more with those 2 grumpy's than he could with 4 cimex's.....Less chemical usage, less labor, more sq footage.........He paid both grumpy's off in 1 night of work..........Dont take my word for it.......ask him.

Now, dont get me wrong.......I'm not a proponent of trying to shill for John, quite the opposite........but if I had enough commercial carpet, I would by pass the cimex and get a grumpy, or even an eracer.......

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Chrome and highly polished aluminum. I love the look too! It has no painted steel to chip, scratch, or rust.

We even include a complimentary tube of Simichrome polish with each new VARIO to help keep it purdy!
tube50g.jpg

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
I spent a LOT OF TIME with Chemstractor's back in the day too, before I moved on to the Cimex. I loved the Chemstractor's for commercial work! In fact, when I bought my first Cimex, my plan was to mount a vacuum attachment to the Cimex and produce the world's first planetary Chemstractor style machine. But about that same time I discovered crystallizing encap detergents. It didn't take long to figure out that we could achieve great results on commercial carpet without a need for the vac assembly. Nowadays the Chemstractors are made out of plastic - it's sad to see an end of an era.

Name
Ross Martin
Rick, I am local to you.

Do you have a rental program that I could rent either the Vario or Cimex to demo each machine. Would be a great help in making a decision.

Thanks, Ross

Reactions: Mikey P

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
What are you going to primarily clean Ross? Commercial or Residential?

Cimex rules commercial but I would not suggest its use for residential unless it was just for agitation. Vario could do both but not as much agitation as the Cimex.

Cimex is a tank, you'll need a ramp or two people. Get the big wheels if you decide on it.

Name
Ross Martin
What are you going to primarily clean Ross? Commercial or Residential?

Cimex rules commercial but I would not suggest its use for residential unless it was just for agitation. Vario could do both but not as much agitation as the Cimex.

Cimex is a tank, you'll need a ramp or two people. Get the big wheels if you decide on it.
Just commercial.

I have a rail lift on my van.

I would stick with my 13 inch rotary for VLM residential and small offices.

Just not in a position to make a 3k "mistake". Would be great to test both machines.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Cimex with the big wheels is in another league in my opinion. I love the Vario and may get one to add to our OP machines but its not a Cimex. With the big wheels a Cimex cleans and handles like a dream.

I don't think you would be disappointed but if you are local I'd run them both.

Shorty was so smart to come up with the idea of big wheels! Hat's off to you Shorty!
smiley-whacky108.gif

Reactions: dgardner

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I bought a Cimex from Rick after hearing all the rave about them on here from guys I trust (even Chavez ;)). I had never even seen one in person. I would have definitely tested one if I had someone local but had a hunch I'd love it.

What the man says about the Cimex and big wheel kit is spot on.

If I went back to do it again, the Cimex would be my first purchase, even before a Truckmount. The Cimex is a beast and a true workhorse. An absolute delight to use, especially with the big wheel kit.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Really?

I didn't notice much if any difference.

I'm surprised to hear you say that Mike. The larger wheels on the Cimex change the trajectory and balance of the machine. It's a pretty noticeable difference. It's obviously easier to transport the machine over bumps, curbs, and stairs. It's also easier to push it across the carpet. Plus the Big Boy Wheel Kit rolls more smoothly with bearings and semi-pneumatic wheels, as opposed to the stock solid core wheels that have no bearings. The upgrade is normally considered to make a big improvement.

Last edited:
Reactions: rwcarpet
Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
When I'm considering an alternative to my 175 for encapping office hallways and occupied offices I'm spoiled with the noise level of my 1.5hp 175. My Proteam upright creates more distraction then my scrubber. Be helpful Rick if your machine videos were offered with the machines sound and not music.

The industry for sure is responding to a demand for a simple cost effective low moisture set up. Mytee did it as well just recently with a variable speed rotary with tanks and pump.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I don't notice and difference in the noise level with my 175 and Cimex. Both are very quite. I would assume the Vario is the same except for the added pump noise.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We are cleaning 15,000sq/ft this AM with 4 Cimex's in an occupied space. We text cleaned 1500sq/ft and they loved how fast it dried and how quiet it was. They didn't care if we cleaned during the work day. :eekk:

So we are cleaning in the day instead of an evening or weekend, just because the machine is quite enough. :icon_cool:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom